Pres Café
The BBC Chameleon Thread - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: The BBC Chameleon Thread (/showthread.php?tid=50)

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - nwtv2003 - 11-12-2022

(11-12-2022, 01:13 AM)Worzel Wrote:  The BBC have *finally* updated the channel icons/logos on YouView and connected TVs to the new Reithed versions.

On BT TV they’ve updated the channel icons, but not for BBC One HD or BBC News HD, the rest of the channels have been Reithed. I watch in internet mode, so whether they haven’t one ready for BBC One regional HD or News HD may simply be an oversight which doesn’t effect if you’re watching via Terrestrial.

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - Worzel - 11-12-2022

(11-12-2022, 01:55 PM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  
(11-12-2022, 01:13 AM)Worzel Wrote:  The BBC have *finally* updated the channel icons/logos on YouView and connected TVs to the new Reithed versions.

On BT TV they’ve updated the channel icons, but not for BBC One HD or BBC News HD, the rest of the channels have been Reithed. I watch in internet mode, so whether they haven’t one ready for BBC One regional HD or News HD may simply be an oversight which doesn’t effect if you’re watching via Terrestrial.
Didn't know you could get BBC News HD on BT TV?

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - nwtv2003 - 11-12-2022

You can see BBC News HD on if you have the box on internet mode, all of the BBC channels are HD, including Parliament.

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - rick - 12-12-2022

It is nice to see the BBC News logo there not squashed into a box and looking out of proportion. The 'NEWS' being the same width as the blocks seems odd, I would have imagined the logo should look the same as the others, smaller BBC blocks and bigger name underneath.

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - PATV Scunthorpe - 12-12-2022

The service logos (iPlayer, Sounds, Sport, News, etc.) all use the smaller text size, which is the same as the BBC Scotland logo, it’s just coincidental that the width matches the blocks

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - steve - 14-12-2022

A photo in Halifax tonight (at the premiere of Happy Valley) that is very worthy of this thread

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - VMPhil - 14-12-2022

(14-12-2022, 06:21 PM)steve Wrote:  A photo in Halifax tonight (at the premiere of Happy Valley) that is very worthy of this thread

“Guys, I know you wanted the three BBC blocks stacked on top of each other like they have at other BBC events, but I’m afraid our budget only stretches to 2 blocks”

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - DTV - 14-12-2022

Honestly willing to bet the Lambie-Nairn logo is still being used in some places when the Reith blocks' replacement are brought in. Just quite funny how absolutely bad they are at this.

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - Jake - 14-12-2022

Was it not always the plan that the two logos would coexist for sometime? The BBC Sport microphone muffs were a good example of not replacing things until they needed replacing.

I think the BBC Creative logo is a sign that a lot of this is deliberate.

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - Roger Darthwell - 14-12-2022

(14-12-2022, 07:58 PM)DTV Wrote:  Honestly willing to bet the Lambie-Nairn logo is still being used in some places when the Reith blocks' replacement are brought in. Just quite funny how absolutely bad they are at this.

Reith blocks' replacement? I thought the new blocks are going to stay on forever