Pres Café
The BBC Chameleon Thread - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: The BBC Chameleon Thread (/showthread.php?tid=50)

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - DTV - 28-12-2022

(27-12-2022, 09:39 PM)fanoftv Wrote:  I’ve seen some people mention on Twitter that it doesn’t factor in how much they’ll save from not using Gill Sans. My question is, if they have to pay to have Gill Sans as part of the logo, why is the old logo still around? Though maybe that’s why it’s only cost £7 million so far as there is still a lot of rebranding to do.

They would only save money from using Gill Sans text (including within logos). Though closely based on Gill Sans, the letterforms in the 1997 logo are bespokely drawn and so do not need to be licensed.

Quite frankly it's hard to judge the appropriateness of £7m for a rebrand of this magnitude as they are few and far between and getting accurate figures for such rebrands are even harder. I would say it's done now so there's no point crying about it, but it very clearly has not be completely done due to the utterly shocking management of the project.

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - Brekkie - 29-12-2022

The Daily Mail would be outraged whether it was £7m, £700k or £70.

It does seem on the pricey side though but usually such quoted costs cover so much more than first appears. For that price though it is unforgiveable that 14 months on from it being first rolled out that the old logo is still appearing on new content. I just don't get why some flagship new content over the last week or so has the new logo and so much has the old.

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - harshy - 30-12-2022

It’s a shame it’s taking so long for the new logo to appear, it just shows how big the bbc is, too many departments and with the overseas presumably franchise based arrangement, I think we will see the old bbc logo for another two years.

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - DTV - 01-01-2023

As we approach 15 months since the corporate logo was officially changed, which logo do you think was used for the titlecard of the Archbishop of Canterbury's New Year Message 2023? Because it wasn't the 2021 logo. It's just got to the stage now where my only response is to find it funny how bad they are at this.

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - JAS84 - 01-01-2023

No excuse for stuff newly recorded like that to not have the current branding.

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - Jon - 01-01-2023

(01-01-2023, 02:00 PM)DTV Wrote:  As we approach 15 months since the corporate logo was officially changed, which logo do you think was used for the titlecard of the Archbishop of Canterbury's New Year Message 2023? Because it wasn't the 2021 logo. It's just got to the stage now where my only response is to find it funny how bad they are at this.
I suspect if the newer logo was more notably different than the previous we wouldn’t see as much of it.

In the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t really matter of course. But odd that all programme makers haven’t been instructed to use the 2021 logo. To be fair they probably have some and people can’t tell the difference.

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - Neil Jones - 01-01-2023

Well this was the end-cap from one of this year's Royal Institution Christmas Lectures (click for bigger):
[Image: ri2022.jpg]

Endcaps seem to get more and more cluttered as time has gone by it would appear, never mind what's happening with the blocks/new logo (or not happening as the case may be) on them.

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - JAS84 - 01-01-2023

Production company. Production company's parent company. Produced for two other companies. At the very least they should make Argonon's logo smaller.

And the copyright belongs to the production company and the other company it was made for, not the BBC? That's definitely not normal.

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - Ballinagrappa - 01-01-2023

"...production for the BBC and the The Royal Institution"?

The the?

RE: The BBC Chameleon Thread - Worzel - 01-01-2023

Reith blocks inside NBH but still Gill on the outside...

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/gabriella-o-donnell-71a4b91aa_digital-experience-opportunities-activity-7014522003571277824-Z3Uy?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_ios