Pres Café
Ideal Worlds Future? - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Ideal Worlds Future? (/showthread.php?tid=502)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - BlueFrog - 24-09-2023

[Image: vlcsnap-2023-09-24-13h29m20s468.png]

TJC Beauty was like this earlier this morning.

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - bilky asko - 24-09-2023

(24-09-2023, 01:36 PM)BlueFrog Wrote:  [Image: vlcsnap-2023-09-24-13h29m20s468.png]

TJC Beauty was like this earlier this morning.

Going by the rewind function on their YouTube stream, they went to a black screen straight after the live broadcast, and stayed that way for three and a quarter hours. The repeat now showing is a replay of today's live show.

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - Stooky Bill - 24-09-2023

Big question is, what does this mean for Orry?

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - mayedd - 24-09-2023

(28-08-2023, 09:56 AM)JasonB Wrote:  I did like these curved graphics side graphics they had in the early 2000's:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0u1yj5VaDY 

Hi folks,
I was the Graphics Op in those days for Ideal.
The "L" you are referring to was called TXL Whatters and was a picture of the presenter's horse.
The "L" graphics were generated on Aston Ethos character generators with additional on screen graphics such as straps and full screen images provided by Aston Motto generators. 
Hope that is of some interest.

(28-08-2023, 06:45 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  I remember that they were only off air for a short while. It first returned as alooped promo showing some clips of previous broadcasts (presumably they somehow escaped the fire) and then were back live from a makeshift location which I remember was much speculated to be a portacabin in the car park.

They did very well getting back on air and in business after such an event.

Indeed it was from Portacabins. I joined the company whilst we were still using cabins in the car park for all TV and office departments although we were back in Studio 1 when I arrived - however after the fire we were using a portacabin for the studio.

(28-08-2023, 12:14 PM)Orry Verducci Wrote:  Except there wasn't any data off site, not to mention video was played from tape back then.

As I recall from colleagues who were around during the fire, one of them quickly grabbed as many tapes as they could and ran out of the building with them. I think some also survived the fire.

I may not have this exactly right, but I recall them saying that for a period they were running tapes up and down the A1 to get content on air from one of NTL's (now Arqiva) facilities.

Hi Orry (Edd here)
you are correct - we courier IMX tapes for a few weeks until the old OB truck arrived in the car park to take over (before portacabin city was built).

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - IdealUpdates - 25-09-2023

Breaking: TJC confirm Ideal World will relaunch Friday.

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - Orry Verducci - 25-09-2023

(24-09-2023, 03:21 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Big question is, what does this mean for Orry?

I have a new job lined up so I'm still leaving Ideal World. I'm helping with the transition for the next few weeks, and then I'm off.

(23-09-2023, 03:21 PM)frasergj Wrote:  The article says they are thinking of replacing TJC Beauty with Ideal World so presumably taking the EPG slot over as well. Nothing about Ideal Extra though so I assume that will be discontinued.

As confirmed elsewhere, TJC Beauty is becoming Ideal World. I know it will be on our Freeview channel (51). I don't know what the plan is for Sky and Freesat. My guess is it will be on TJC Beauty's Sky and Freesat channels. No idea if it will be in SD or if they intend to launch a HD service.

I've not heard of any plans to relaunch Ideal Extra so I would assume that will close.

(24-09-2023, 12:49 PM)Nobby Wrote:  What are the criteria for a channel to lose their slot on the Sky EPG?

If someone at Ideal World or the administrator put out a 'Best of Peter Simon' compilation instead of the static logo, would they have remained on the EPG and still have the EPG slot as an asset?

In fact, did they retain ownership of the EPG slot even after Sky took it down?

We retained ownership of 664 and 671 right up until the slots were sold to QVC. It was only suspended by Sky, not revoked, which they do when any channel has stopped broadcasting (I think for more than 12 hours).

Normally they say they will only allow a suspension for a month, at which point they will reclaim the slots, but they extended this for us.

My understanding is if we had broadcast something (e.g. a promo loop) they would have allowed the channel to stay on the EPG.

(24-09-2023, 05:13 PM)mayedd Wrote:  Hi Orry (Edd here)
you are correct - we courier IMX tapes for a few weeks until the old OB truck arrived in the car park to take over (before portacabin city was built).

Good to see you here Edd. Thanks for confirming Smile

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - JasonB - 25-09-2023

Do we have a time for the re-launch on Friday? Will they use the current branding I.E logo, on screen graphics or will we get TJC style branding and graphics?

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - Stooky Bill - 25-09-2023

Congrats and good luck with the new gig Orry.

Even though TJC are rescuing some of Ideal World, presumably Peterborough isn't part of their plans?

I've not been following this thread but why would QVC need another two satellite EPG slots?