Ideal Worlds Future?

Does anyone know why Ideal World hasn't been on for the last couple nights? It's not scheduled until Tuesday morning. Just caught me off guard tonight when I found an old episode of Winning Combination with Omid Djalili when I was expecting to see another demo of the Rugdoctor.
[-] The following 2 users Like Larry the Loafer's post:
  • Allanbuzzy, insert_good_username_here

(02-07-2023, 01:38 AM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  Does anyone know why Ideal World hasn't been on for the last couple nights? It's not scheduled until Tuesday morning. Just caught me off guard tonight when I found an old episode of Winning Combination with Omid Djalili when I was expecting to see another demo of the Rugdoctor.

They were still on STV last night, but I believe they were off ITV4 a few nights ago before coming off both 1 and 4.

Gossip site ShoppingTelly has a post up saying they're up for sale again, which might suggest money is a little tight to pay for the usual ITV slot.
[-] The following 2 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • Larry the Loafer, Plutobug

(02-07-2023, 04:15 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  They were still on STV last night, but I believe they were off ITV4 a few nights ago before coming off both 1 and 4.

Gossip site ShoppingTelly has a post up saying they're up for sale again, which might suggest money is a little tight to pay for the usual ITV slot.

It appears that Ideal World has suspended broadcasting.

Here is an article: www.shoppingtelly.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yorksman's post:
  • Plutobug

Within the last hour Ideal World (shopping channel) has temporarily suspended broadcasting. A message now appears on screen if you view the channel. The online website has been removed as well. 

More information 
twitter.com 

This message now pops up

twitter.com 

(03-07-2023, 04:49 PM)Yorksman Wrote:  It appears that Ideal World has suspended broadcasting.

Here is an article: www.shoppingtelly.com 

I was watching last night, and noticed that the hosts (Dean Wilson and Bev Hare) seemed to be making a few thinly veiled references to P45s, and being rather more risqué than usual. Peter Simon and Peter Vollebregt, on a previous show, also seemed to be making humorous reference to gallery staff getting things "in a few months", as if that might not come. Could be all coincidence of course!

For anyone not aware, they do seem to have been selling rather more Frasers Group items as of late, as well as featuring adverts for Sports Direct and the like during the breaks at the end of each hour. Sports Direct had a small holding in Ideal World as well.

Reliance on these sorts of items, which Ideal World may well not have had to keep in stock, was possibly indicative of their issues.

The website is also down (not particularly good news, I would say). And, if you want to get into wild theories territory, TJC stopped selling items from 2am-4am this morning in order to "change over their systems". Could well be a complete coincidence, of course, but there's nothing like a bit of speculation in these moments.

In these trying times, there is one thing you shouldn't forget. No matter where you are tonight, or who you are; you might not know it, but somebody loves you.
[-] The following 6 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, Nobby, Plutobug, Quantum+83, TVFan, WillPS

The website is down too; pretty ominous
[-] The following 1 user Likes i.h's post:
  • Plutobug

According to their TV guide, ITV will be showing The Masked Singer US, Winning Combination & Catchphrase in Ideal World's spot tonight. STV haven't updated their schedule yet but I assume it'll be the same.
[-] The following 1 user Likes QuinnTFP's post:
  • Plutobug

(03-07-2023, 05:27 PM)i.h Wrote:  The website is down too; pretty ominous

Yeah I feel like there is something brewing

Yes, when Sit up went belly up in 2014 they threw up standard "fault" cards as well and the websites went bye bye.  Followed a few days later by the entire company.

However the statement on the website for Ideal World is worded in a odd and slightly creepy way:
[Image: MGMdueS.png]
So yeah I think they've gone.

Next important question:  Where's Peter Simon going to move to to flog cheat tat now? Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Neil Jones's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, Plutobug

(03-07-2023, 05:37 PM)QuinnTFP Wrote:  According to their TV guide, ITV will be showing The Masked Singer US, Winning Combination & Catchphrase in Ideal World's spot tonight. STV haven't updated their schedule yet but I assume it'll be the same.

Ideal World have been off ITV for a couple of nights - they were only on STV last night outside of their main channel.

(03-07-2023, 05:48 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  Yes, when Sit up went belly up in 2014 they threw up standard "fault" cards as well and the websites went bye bye.  Followed a few days later by the entire company.

However the statement on the website for Ideal World is worded in a odd and slightly creepy way:
[Image: MGMdueS.png]
So yeah I think they've gone.

Next important question:  Where's Peter Simon going to move to to flog cheat tat now? Big Grin

There's been further information in the ITV thread - Ideal World has been up for sale again.

(Link removed as threads merged)
[-] The following 1 user Likes bilky asko's post:
  • Plutobug