Pres Café
Ideal Worlds Future? - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Ideal Worlds Future? (/showthread.php?tid=502)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - Jimbo2022 - 27-09-2023

(27-09-2023, 03:18 PM)Orry Verducci Wrote:  As I stated TJC Beauty will be Ideal World. So 11112 H SID 50456.

I only put the loop on current Ideal Extra (11582 H) for the benefit of you guys.

Yes the channel is still coming from Peterborough. Freeview 51 is supposed to switch to TJC at midnight on Friday morning.

The current Ideal Extra service on satellite will be switched off some point soon, at which point that will be the end of transmission from Peterborough.

I can do one better. Here's it in HD:

https://up.metropol247.co.uk/Orry%20Verducci/IW-RELAUNCH.mp4 
Thank you. So it was made in HD as most things are nowadays. Shame it's not in hd from the restart?

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - bilky asko - 27-09-2023

(27-09-2023, 04:16 PM)Jimbo2022 Wrote:  Thank you. So it was made in HD as most things are nowadays. Shame it's not in hd from the restart?

TJC Beauty is in HD on YouTube, and presumably is during the 5USA simulcast for Sky Glass viewers - I don't see why it would be any different for this Ideal World reboot.

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - London Lite - 27-09-2023

It may be worth checking TJC's tv streaming apps as the main channel is in HD over there.

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - Stooky Bill - 27-09-2023

(27-09-2023, 03:18 PM)Orry Verducci Wrote:  Yes the channel is still coming from Peterborough. Freeview 51 is supposed to switch to TJC at midnight on Friday morning.

The current Ideal Extra service on satellite will be switched off some point soon, at which point that will be the end of transmission from Peterborough.
The end of an era. I've no connection to the area but I've always liked the idea of a TV channel coming from such a town rather than one of the big cities. 

Then I suppose come Friday you can finish off decommissioning and then head off into the sunset? 

It'll be interesting to see what the reincarnation will be like. I know it's based on an existing channel but even so they don't seem to have had much time to get it all together. I wish them all the best of luck

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - London Lite - 27-09-2023

That's my main concern is just how quick TJC are to rush the channel launch.

I expect they'll be selling the tat usually on sale on TJC until they can gain deals with IW's former suppliers to stock their products.

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - frasergj - 27-09-2023

(27-09-2023, 05:02 PM)London Lite Wrote:  That's my main concern is just how quick TJC are to rush the channel launch.

I expect they'll be selling the tat usually on sale on TJC until they can gain deals with IW's former suppliers to stock their products.

There was a mention above about an impending loss of Freeview slot due to being off-air so probably rushing to get something up before that deadline. After that they can take their time to do this properly.

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - Orry Verducci - 27-09-2023

Yes the deadline to get the Freeview channel back on air is this week.

That doesn't neccessary have to be Ideal World, they could put anything on it, but TJC have made the (probably correct) decision to get it back on as IW rather than confuse things.

Obviously it's a very quick turnaround so what you see on Friday won't be the finished product. I know they are working on a new studio space which will be the new home for some of the sets currently located in the Peterborough studio, so over the coming weeks and months it will start to look like the Ideal World everyone knows.

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - bilky asko - 28-09-2023

I note that TJC Beauty presenter Lindsey Gundersen made a reference to "moving to Channel 51" at the start of the live slot this morning, without referring to the name.

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - IdealUpdates - 28-09-2023

Ideal World's X (FKA Twitter) is active as of 10:00

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - Jimbo2022 - 28-09-2023

Old Ideal Extra has scrolling message at the bottom of the screen now but not sure how long that will keep running.