Pres Café
Ideal Worlds Future? - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Ideal Worlds Future? (/showthread.php?tid=502)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - WillPS - 06-07-2023

(06-07-2023, 01:15 PM)i.h Wrote:  That very much sucks.

I'm not a business/accountancy type but I can't work out how that correlates with the Frasers Group stuff though, they took a major shareholding last week / appointed a director but now don't want to continue the business?

Happens. Buy in, get someone in, look at the books and then decide it's not such a great buy. Either that or they think they can get whatever they actually want for less by letting the administration process run a bit.

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - RDJ - 06-07-2023

Goodbye Ideal World then. Not bad innings after 23 years to be fair. A real competitor to QVC but again, the world of shopping has changed significantly over those years.

Of course much of the on air and off air talent have already been through this less than 10 years ago being ex Bid-up and Price-drop employees. Sad that has happened to them again but it shows that maybe the world of Shopping Telly just isn’t as prospective as it once was.

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - James2001 - 06-07-2023

Having several hours a night on ITV obviously didn't help them.

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - bilky asko - 06-07-2023

(06-07-2023, 01:52 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Sudden yes but I don't think it will have been much of a surprise for the staff, the company had been having issues and was up for sale. 

The presenters might not have known for certain before the end of that hour (if it was live) but might well have had an inkling it was coming. The gallery would almost certainly have known at some point before that junction - they'd have had to have got the caption ready, and they're presumably on open talk back to the presenters. 

Probably just a case of the show must go on and business as usual.

Of course, being presenters that will have done thousands of hours of this kind of TV, there are lots of stock phrases that they'll use like "do keep shopping after the hour".

Looking on LinkedIn, it appears that some members of staff were working on the basis that there was going to be no buyer as soon as they suspended broadcasts.

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - Stooky Bill - 06-07-2023

Local newspaper article:
https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/people/shock-as-peterboroughs-ideal-world-tv-staff-say-they-have-been-made-redundant-4209633 

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - bilky asko - 06-07-2023

The YouTube live stream has now come to an end - is anything showing on Freeview?

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - JasonB - 06-07-2023

Still showing the 'programmes have been temporary suspended slide" on Freeview 51. I'm guessing this will be here for a while like the bid/price-drop slide was?

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - Stooky Bill - 06-07-2023

(06-07-2023, 02:48 PM)JasonB Wrote:  Still showing the 'programmes have been temporary suspended slide" on Freeview 51. I'm guessing this will be here for a while like the bid/price-drop slide was?
If they've all been sacked then there's probably no one left to change it or do anything else. It'll most likely stay there until whoever handles their distribution pulls the plug

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - WillPS - 06-07-2023

(06-07-2023, 03:44 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  If they've all been sacked then there's probably no one left to change it or do anything else. It'll most likely stay there until whoever handles their distribution pulls the plug

Or one of the administrator's people turns the power off at the breaker.

RE: Ideal Worlds Future? - Brekkie - 06-07-2023

Think with Freeview they may still own the LCN and stream as something that can be sold on unlike Sky where it's basically forfeited.