Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 25-09-2023

I would hope not - they need the first run to be as twist free as possible to give them somewhere to go moving forward. Any "twist" should be a new format point which is in place throughout the series.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - mouseboy33 - 25-09-2023

Here is the audience stage and the backyard nearing completion for next weeks launch. Also they announced that there will be nightly "live feeds" on ITVx. But its not 24x7 live feeds like BBUS. (BBCAN ended theirs last year, this season they shocked the fanbase by using digital dailies, which were curated chunks of footage. Essentially garbage.) For BBUK, I believe they said it will only be a couple of hours following the live shows. Kinda pointless really. Its not Big Brother if there are no full live feeds. Because it basically gives leaves the producers free to craft or create whatever story they want with the footage they are given by the housemates. Thats what set BigBrother apart, especially these days, from other camera/surveillance reality shows. So no live move-in show and no 24x7 live feeds. Not really back to basics then. Oh well.

https://x.com/superTV247/status/1706256232518971780?s=20 

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - JosiahStuart - 25-09-2023

Some of you probably don’t remember that the launches for BB1 and BB2 were pre-recorded. Heck, all of Teen Big Brother was prerecorded.

Even the BBUSA premieres outside of BB1, and every series since BB22 were prerecorded.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - TheGregmeister - 25-09-2023

Traditionally, or for the most part, BB launches have been shown live, albeit with a small delay. If however they have decided to go with a more back to basics format for this reboot, with less frills to start with, then pre-recording the launch show probably makes more sense than a loud and brash live launch show with over-excited audience.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - PJamo - 25-09-2023

Isn't the Love Island launch pre recorded? May as well stick with what they know works for their channel.

I do like the idea as it takes some of the focus off the actual 'entering the house' and gives a bit of breathing space to the first show so we can hopefully get a wee bit more of the contestants personality beyond the initial (and let's face it, exaggerated to play up to the crowd) 'oomph' of the first impression. Think about Jason (BB5) strutting into the house in a leopard print thong only to then be one of the more quietest contestants (apart from alcohol fuelled argument) of the series. Worlds apart!

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Alessi - 28-09-2023

Does anyone know if any of the directors or production team are active on Twitter/X? They used to be in the Channel 5 days and often had interesting insights.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - DeMarkay - 28-09-2023

(28-09-2023, 04:42 PM)Alessi Wrote:  Does anyone know if any of the directors or production team are active on Twitter/X? They used to be in the Channel 5 days and often had interesting insights.
https://x.com/bbukiris?s=21&t=ommmjaYBDklFhXZnUPq9lg 

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - mouseboy33 - 29-09-2023

So more structures have been built near the Audience set and the back garden. So there is speculation that the housemates could possibly arrive via the canal (someone on her jokingly mentioned it). There is a lighting rig in place and they have added an entrance from the canal. Additionally, they have erected a huge black "wall". It seems/ or makes sense that the wall separates the BB outdoor areas from the rest of the studios. Keeps the house mates secluded somewhat. I had to think if that was smart place to put it. But i guess they would get less trouble  from studio employees than outsiders trying to do something.
TVZONE
[Image: d56877_69052b741bde4c16825084d1e3c07c38~mv2.png]
[Image: d56877_a361a3689ce8452cbdb66c668864f6a4~mv2.png]

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Gary Baldy - 02-10-2023

Just me who’s not excited for this?

They seem to have listened to what the fans have wanted… and done the opposite.

I think it’s two series they’ve commissioned? I don’t see it going beyond that to be honest… maybe a CBB but I think this is just temporary hype, and once it’s been on for a while, people will lose interest.

I don’t think ITV understand what Big Brother is at all- they seem to be making all the same mistakes as C5. Channel 4 are the only ones who ever really understood the show to its core, even though their version went downhill towards the end.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - DeMarkay - 02-10-2023

I’m sorry but, what mistakes have ITV made? And what is the ‘opposite’?

Everything that’s been showcased so far is the authentic format from the Channel 4 days.

The promotion has been second to none and it looks pretty damn good. More effort than Channel 5.