Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - PJamo - 02-10-2023

(02-10-2023, 01:11 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  Just me who’s not excited for this?

They seem to have listened to what the fans have wanted… and done the opposite.

I think it’s two series they’ve commissioned? I don’t see it going beyond that to be honest… maybe a CBB but I think this is just temporary hype, and once it’s been on for a while, people will lose interest.

I don’t think ITV understand what Big Brother is at all- they seem to be making all the same mistakes as C5. Channel 4 are the only ones who ever really understood the show to its core, even though their version went downhill towards the end.
Interesting - what do you think they should be doing differently?

For me I'm really interested in how it's going to play out - with Channel 5 I pretty much lost interest once the launch show was over. There's so little info about this that my curiosity's mounting with each day.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - David - 02-10-2023

I’m excited for this.

I think looking at all of the decisions they’ve made so far and what they’ve communicated they’re building a strong foundation for many more years of BB to come.

They’re testing out Live Feed again for the first time in a long time, they’re changing the profile of people they’re looking for (away from just young influencers) and said they’re going quite back to basics. The ad campaign and commitment to putting it on ITV and ITV2 for the launch speaks a lot to how important this is for them.

The only decision that raised an eyebrow initially was indeed the lack of a live launch, but if the first episode focuses on their entrance and gives us space to know them then I get why. It also means the second episode isn’t just an hour highlight show with only 3 hours of content to base it off.

Here’s hoping they can get the right mix of housemates, and gameplay elements to keep it interesting without having to resort to weekly dramatic twists like the C5 days. If they can do that, I think we’ll be seeing BB continue for quite some time yet.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 02-10-2023

Will see but it feels more C5 than C4. Keeping Marcus is a huge mistake and will probably have lapsed fans like myself tuning out within minutes of the first highlights.

The daily spin off is so unnecessary too - would have been fat better to invest in a 24/7 live feed which would have been such an easy win and put them on the front foot from the beginning.

Also hope the short run comes with a suitable number of housemates - 10 is plenty for a 6 week show with 5 scheduled evictions, but the show has a history (back to the C4 days in fact) of casting a short series as if it were running for 3 months.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - mouseboy33 - 02-10-2023

I dont see the point of a live move in. What content is there really on night one? Back in the day it was interesting. Its just them moving in and tons of cross talk and load and loads of filler. So of the gamified versions of Big Brother (USA/CAN/AUS) a live move in makes sense. The gaming and alliance building starts the first night. And because usually they play a competition or a twist is announced. ( though only US has only done a live move of the gamified versions). The old Dutch version aint much really happening night one. Unless they force them to to interact in some sort of ice breaker activity. But too me its always loads of screaming and cross talk. Frankly thats what i hate about the first episode of the US/CAN/AU versions. Lets get to playing the game.

I dont know how the social experiment aspect is going to draw viewers. Im sure "lapsed fans", curiosity seekers will tune in. How do you keep them watching? But they will have to do something to make people watch or create controversy. The real livefeed doesnt exist. It makes you wonder why they didnt really use ITVX. CBS/Paramount for the first time put 4 BigBrother live feeds for free on Paramount owned PlutoTV. And they make money off it by adding in advert breaks for a couple of minutes. Boom! Content and revenue, Plus you have people that pay for the ad-free live feeds that subscribe to Paramount+. Missed opportunity by ITV. I guess now that you have people having sex and swapping partners on Love Island, Big Brother will need to do something. Im hopeful but nervous. The tv landscape is so different these days.

I love the idea of Big Brother and Im fascinated how the show is broadcast around the world. And the production behind them. The UK has always had great production values. The graphics, house designs etc. Top Notch. Big Brother Canada incorporates in my opinion on of the most versatile house layouts. The designs and production values are always the best. (though i do think that US and Canada need dedicated competition arenas like Big Brother Australia, Big Brother US does now have their BB Basement space that was used a couple of times this year) The revised Big Brother Australia is brilliant in that its now gamified. But its horrible because its recorded. And the producers dont know what they are doing. Its not a fair game at all. Its awful in that respect. But the show looks great and I love the VOICE of Big Brother they use. I wish the US version would incorporate a VOICE of Big Brother.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 02-10-2023

16 HMs moving in on launch night, which is at least 4, if not 6, too many for a 6 week run with just 5 evictions.

https://twitter.com/AaronNeely2017/status/1708875654794445142 

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Nobby - 02-10-2023

It's not just about evictions though.

1 person will drop out.
1 person will be removed for historical racist comments on social media.
2 people will be gone in a surprise double eviction.
1 person will be removed for making a  threat in the house.
1 person will be The Mole

So, it's probably about right.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - JAS84 - 02-10-2023

Yeah, they have to allow for walkouts, disqualifications, and there'll probably be at least one double eviction. In the final week they could do extra evictions to get it down to four on the final day?

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Kunst - 02-10-2023

I know it's a bit OT, but I've always found interesting how the original Italian theme (I find the British themes the best, but nevertheless) has never been rated properly, definitely much better than most other versions, most of them too "exaggerated" and over the top.

https://youtu.be/MxQuwB2NSg0?si=0rTEMY0DLAb7Mtvx 
https://youtu.be/J7zD68sOD80?si=DQHk9grIFpn5mlF3 

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - DeMarkay - 02-10-2023

https://twitter.com/bbspy/status/1708940360536277138 

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - David - 02-10-2023

(02-10-2023, 06:18 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Yeah, they have to allow for walkouts, disqualifications, and there'll probably be at least one double eviction. In the final week they could do extra evictions to get it down to four on the final day?

In a lot of recent series they tend to end with 6 by the final night (or a midweek twist/eviction) so there might be less of a need for a lot of double evictions based on 16 HMs.