Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother To Return To ITV2? - bilky asko - 01-08-2022

I know there's a clamour from the die-hard Big Brother fans for a live stream - it seems like it would be the ideal way to launch a temporary ITVX exclusive service for the 6-week duration of the show. I wonder if they'll do it?

RE: Big Brother To Return To ITV2? - Ash101 - 01-08-2022

(01-08-2022, 10:29 PM)JasonB Wrote:  Scraping the barrel for programme ideas aren't they?

It could be quite a shrewed move from ITV2. 

They've been struggling to find shows that work outside of Love Island, so why not bring in some existing branding? Plus the last show they rebooted was, erm, Love Island.

RE: Big Brother To Return To ITV2? - all new phil - 01-08-2022

(01-08-2022, 10:24 PM)Superman1986 Wrote:  Host wise. Joel Dommett would be perfect. But he would be too busy on the masked singer.

How much of his time do you think The Masked Singer takes up?

RE: Big Brother To Return To ITV2? - Josh - 01-08-2022

https://twitter.com/SamCharles9/status/1554219588698742784 
Just an aside but is there any space on a multiplex to put ITV2 HD on Freeview?

RE: Big Brother To Return To ITV2? - LaDeDa - 01-08-2022

This will be perfect opportunity for the new itvX service to use one of it's so called fast channels available to screen big brother live feed daily..

Definitely think reality is best route for itv 2 as it's other content fails to match reality ratings.

Hope Davina is back even if only as a co host for one series get the show back to it's golden days...also Dermot to host big brothers little brother.

RE: Big Brother To Return To ITV2? - Ash101 - 01-08-2022

(01-08-2022, 11:29 PM)Josh Wrote:  https://twitter.com/SamCharles9/status/1554219588698742784 

Aren't ITV still earning extra money for the HD channels on Sky? If so, no way they're going to put it on Freeview.

RE: Big Brother To Return To ITV2? - London Lite - 01-08-2022

(01-08-2022, 11:45 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  
(01-08-2022, 11:29 PM)Josh Wrote:  https://twitter.com/SamCharles9/status/1554219588698742784 

Aren't ITV still earning extra money for the HD channels on Sky? If so, no way they're going to put it on Freeview.

HD is on Sky, Virgin and the ITV Catch-Up service on Amazon Channels.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - brioalex - 02-08-2022

I’m praying to the TV gods that they don’t ruin the format! I just hope they have a good team behind it all.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Motlash - 02-08-2022

Feels like the first time in a little while where a teaser trailer has caused so much excitement - that theme still holds up...

Agreed on 'normal people only please' for this as well, although I'm sure that might well be impossible with both influencers and the fandom that BB still has?

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Viper - 02-08-2022

Long time TVF/TVLF lurker, first time poster here and Big Brother fan, so I thought I would add my thoughts on the revival.

I've always been quite adamant that the show needed an extended break of at least five years because of viewer fatigue. Three series a year was just too much. Perhaps if Channel 5 had dropped both the civilian and summer celeb series and concentrated solely on the arguably more popular winter celeb series it might still be with us today. That being said, Ben Frow was supposedly never a fan of the franchise being on the channel, whether it delivered a strong younger audience or not. So it probably would've been dropped eventually. Personally, I think it was a shame how the final C5 series was treated, because honestly it was the best civilian run in years. Decent housemates, imaginative tasks and minimal meddling from producers. The introduction of the 'Big Coin' mechanic as well was a decent twist that added interest, and something that I would like to see continued in future series. It's just a shame that Channel 5 chose to tuck the final season away in a series of increasingly viewer-unfriendly slots, so many people won't have seen it.

To the future then, and now it has been officially confirmed that Big Brother is to be revived I guess it's time to start thinking/speculating about what the ITV2 era will look like. Obviously, it needs to move on from the C5 era of the show, but I don't necessarily believe it needs to wipe the slate completely clean. In terms of who might present the eviction shows it does need to be somebody completely new. I always preferred Emma to Davina as host personally, but I believe she has recently ruled out returning in an interview. Perhaps somebody like BOTS alumni AJ Odudu might be a good shout? Or perhaps Joel Dommett? I've also heard Mo Giligan's name being connected with the revival by the tabloid newspapers. Any of those would be good in my opinion. I also believe that Rylan should be involved as well, perhaps if ITV choose to revive the spin-off show as well. 

Live feed has always been a sticking point as well for Big Brother fans, and while I can appreciate that the whole point of Big Brother is that we can watch what the housemates are up to 24/7, I can't see it appealing to many viewers other than the die-hard fans. I think we've all moved on a bit these days. Perhaps ITV are planning on making the feeds available as a part of the new ITVX service, which would I'm sure appease those that felt hard-done by during the C5 era.

In terms of the show itself, I would like to see a good, varied bunch of housemates, of all ages and from all walks of life, with no over-reliance on social media influencers and models. Tasks should be varied, interesting and imaginative. No 'mean tweets', no 'which housemate said this' task designed to stir up trouble and no 'I'm a celeb' style tasks involving century eggs and disgusting milkshakes. They've been done to death.

I hope this doesn't come across as too negative. Believe me, I want Big Brother on ITV2 to succeed, and succeed well. But Big Brother is still a damaged franchise thanks to years of poor treatment by Channel 5, and it needs to be handled with care.