Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Johnr - 08-10-2023

A twist to reverse the twist from 5 minutes ago…why bother?!

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - mouseboy33 - 08-10-2023

Its was interesting to watch as a North American BB viewer. It looked and sounds fantastic. I have to say..... overall it was bit meh for me. I guess I'm used to actual twists. Not much going on. But i never like BB Lauch nights any way. Too much screaming. But.... pass the parcel and Hide and seek....hmmm. And the producer manipulation to cause irritation to the housemates. Hmmm. And the one girl getting stroppy and crying. The show is pretty to look at and it well produced and the production, house, graphics music...top notch. Not sure it will hold my attention. I cant see tuning in each night for it. Stuck around for a bit of the aftershow. Not for me. Though it looks good.
I wonder if thats the actual gallery though.

The changes made to BB Australia captrured my attention when it relaunched. But I dont think I will be watching this coming series of BBAU...which is basically supposed to be Big Brother Love Island type scenario. Big mistake in my opinion.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Juicy Joe - 08-10-2023

I suppose if they wanted a Back to Basics series, which supposedly this is, they should have painted the interior of the house light blue, stuck a few chickens in the garden and filmed in a 4:3 picture ratio. With the house appearing snazzily decorated and vast, it doesn't appear basic enough to me. Also, with the contestants effing & jeffing every 20 seconds - you didn't get Nasty Nick and Craig Phillips or any or the series 1 contestants doing this back in the old days.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Jon - 08-10-2023

The live stream fast channel has appeared. Currently a holding slide showing.

Do you know if it will be just one stream? Or will be a quadcam or something?

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - DeMarkay - 08-10-2023

(08-10-2023, 11:17 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  Do you know if it will be just one stream? Or will be a quadcam or something?

Most likely one stream! This spin-off does feel a bit weird without Rylan but I'm enjoying it.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Gary Baldy - 08-10-2023

I think the casting is where the issues lie- yes they’ve cast a diverse range of people on the surface level, but they all seem very much “switched on” for TV if that makes sense- no real subdued personalities (even when they had plenty of massive characters in there, they had a few quieter ones to offset them- feels like there’s too many big characters at once in this version)- it feels like they’re media-trained already.

Whereas the original C4 and even the C5 version didn’t- even they did receive media training prior in those versions, it was certainly well-hidden.

It would be so weird to have just one stream especially with so many people in the house. I guess we are spoiled in that aspect. With one stream you only can hear one conversation. But with the feeds open only when they are winding down for bedtime, i guess it doesnt matter. Enjoy those who watch.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Jon - 09-10-2023

I think the issue is, it’s difficult enough to get one broadcastable conversation on air at a time, let alone multiple ones. At least with something that’s being directed you’re likely to not miss the most interesting thing that they can show that’s happening at a given moment.

It’s also a question of how they should do it? Do they do each feed with groups of people that can swap around at anytime or by room that could become empty at any time? I think it’s far easier for the viewer to just have one feed and have the most interesting thing happening shown at a given time.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Andrew Wood - 09-10-2023

Has ITV paid for any promotion of 'Big Brother' on STV - as obviously it doesn't benefit STV to promote ITV2 itself?