Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - ckck1704 - 10-10-2023

Perhaps if itv1 can't commit to the whole of big brother, they could air the weekday episodes on itv2 Monday to Friday, and the weekend episodes on itv1 Saturday and sunday.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - David - 11-10-2023

(10-10-2023, 10:12 PM)ckck1704 Wrote:  Perhaps if itv1 can't commit to the whole of big brother, they could air the weekday episodes on itv2 Monday to Friday, and the weekend episodes on itv1 Saturday and sunday.

There is no Saturday episode as far as I know. I wouldn't be surprised if evictions end up simulcast on ITV next year when the Rugby World Cup isn't on.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 11-10-2023

Quite surprised given they've now got hours to fill overnight they don't stick a late night repeat on ITV1 but clearly now if you miss it they want you watching on ITVX. Indeed no repeats at all on ITV2.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Johnr - 12-10-2023

I take it they weren't allowed to advertise HP / Intel / Cisco on the task tonight based on the copious amount of black tape

Also the producers forgot to activate Windows Wink

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - RhysJR - 12-10-2023

Live viewers down to around a million yesterday - though a similar audience to MAFS on E4, which presumably has a similar target audience.

https://twitter.com/LiamHamilton16/status/1712428579844190382?t=Tn8TPTKGryV98N5j6V00Jg&s=19 

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 12-10-2023

Race Across the World the biggest competition last night - it's been the biggest show of the week other than Strictly and Bake Off in recent weeks and very much a favourite with the BBUK fanbase.

Also did think the task made for a pretty boring episode - it just seemed to have no real purpose so we couldn't invest in it as viewers as we didn't know what they had to achieve.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Scrotnig - 12-10-2023

I’ve often found the tasks quite dull historically. I’ve always been more interested in how these different types of people interact with each other. Usually the tasks just interfere with that, though I accept the need for them.

If anyone remembers the series three “rich side / poor side” stuff, I hated that. It completely interrupted the interactions within the house. No surprise it was never done again, I remember a lot of negative reaction to it.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 12-10-2023

(12-10-2023, 02:03 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  I’ve often found the tasks quite dull historically. I’ve always been more interested in how these different types of people interact with each other. Usually the tasks just interfere with that, though I accept the need for them.

If anyone remembers the series three “rich side / poor side” stuff, I hated that. It completely interrupted the interactions within the house. No surprise it was never done again, I remember a lot of negative reaction to it.

It was by far the highest rated series - hit 7m a night towards the end (admitedly once the twist had wrapped up, but ratings were high throughout) compared to most other series around then getting 4-5m for non-eviction shows.    And 21 years on it still has one of the most memorable groups of housemates, so I don't think it was a barrier at all to housemates personalities being shown on screen.

Importantly though we knew what the purpose of it was - and limiting interactions isn't necessarily a bad thing rather than housemates being in their same cliques all the time.   Indeed that's the problem with starting with a big cast too - it basically fractions off into three or four friendship groups who end up interacting very little with each other, and nominations never get to the point where the do have to genuinely nominate their friends.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Scrotnig - 12-10-2023

(12-10-2023, 02:09 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  It was by far the highest rated series - hit 7m a night towards the end (admitedly once the twist had wrapped up, but ratings were high throughout) compared to most other series around then getting 4-5m for non-eviction shows.    And 21 years on it still has one of the most memorable groups of housemates, so I don't think it was a barrier at all to housemates personalities being shown on screen.

Importantly though we knew what the purpose of it was - and limiting interactions isn't necessarily a bad thing rather than housemates being in their same cliques all the time.   Indeed that's the problem with starting with a big cast too - it basically fractions off into three or four friendship groups who end up interacting very little with each other, and nominations never get to the point where the do have to genuinely nominate their friends.

Fair enough…..I didn’t like it then! 
I did still like the series overall and it certainly did have a memorable cast, especially the guy who “escaped”, always did wonder if that was contrived though.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - mouseboy33 - 12-10-2023

Like the eye from ITVs Big Brother, the new German Big Brother will be using the new franchise eye with the CBS-esque logo in the centre.

[Image: F8PsAaEb0AAMMO5?format=jpg&name=large]