Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - TMD_24 - 13-10-2023

First instance this series where a show is being extended from it's originally planned run time. Tonight's live show will now run until 10:15pm.

https://x.com/superTV247/status/1712863355617128555?s=20 

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Ash101 - 13-10-2023

Although the schedule currently looks like they’ve just taken the time away from Late & Live instead…

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - L1_ - 13-10-2023

To be expected with a (presumably) reduced budget and a new team, but tonight's live show certainly not as polished as the C5/C4 days.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - UTVLifer - 13-10-2023

AJ and Will are superb hosts, though the ending to the show felt a bit chaotic as they had to practically drag a giddy Farida to the studio for her interview on Late & Live

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - fanoftv - 13-10-2023

The seat platform works very well in the centre of the studio. I’ve found it odd through the week on Late & Live how the guests have started on seats before moving onto the audience seats (that doesn’t really work well imo) to then move back to the chairs.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 13-10-2023

Presentation wise the eviction was almost perfect - a real goosebump moment for me coming back to the show after 13 years. The exit and eviction stage work brilliantly - best set up since the original house in Bow.

Agree the end was messy, and only fault I have with them presentation wise is not positioning the studio so that tunnel lines up with the fire door, which they're using quite frequently on screen. The ending could be neatened up then by having the evictee walk into the studio to meet their family before they have the brief break to set up for Late and Live.

However the short run and numerous housemates means they'll likely have more than one evictee most weeks, and with the interviews being done after on Late and Live we'll likely see both evictees leave before the first is interviewed.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - iloveTV1 - 13-10-2023

I’m not sure they really need Late and Live as a separate show on eviction nights, it basically continued the main show (for which they didn’t even put credits on, although they may have been running short for time). They’d probably be better off having the main show running for two hours.

I wonder what the logic is behind not having a Saturday show, even if they did have it on slightly later to avoid clashing with Strictly or whatever ITV1 are showing on Saturdays when the RWC is finished. Will we get to see what happened in the house today?

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - PATV Scunthorpe - 13-10-2023

I'd imagine we will see both today and Saturday's action during the Sunday show, believe that was the case for the last Channel 5 series.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 14-10-2023

Yes - the Saturday show was always the lowest rated and it's main feature was what viewers had watched live the night before

Personally though I'd run the Sunday show an extra half hour so it has the extra time to cover the extra day, then run Late & Live Mon-Thu at 10pm and ditch it on Fridays, giving the main show an extra half hour for the eviction and interview. Late and Live felt pointless tonight once the evictee interview were done - everything after felt like filler.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Bazinga - 15-10-2023

I have just caught up on the first eviction and I must say I don’t think the outdoor set works well. It just doesn’t flow very well.

The last set they had on channel 5 was fantastic imo. The stairs leading up to the house & longer platform staging areas are missed, it just doesn’t look right and seems clumsy with Aj and Will standing at the end of the platform area.