Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 15-10-2023

Hoping they took a bit of time to reflect during the Saturday break and start making some tweaks. Really enjoying the show and the cast - but there’s some really frustrating parts of the editing that let it down. The music really isn’t adding anything other than a layer of condescending tackiness and everyone I’ve spoken to that has been watching (in the supposed focus audience mind you) finds it extremely corny.

They’ve got a good show on their hands - they need to stop sabotaging themselves with the Channel 5/ITV2 graphics and editing pits they seemingly keep throwing themselves into for no reason. The early-mid Channel 4 series oozed freshness and cool, and it’s all stuff that would still work now with the audience they’re after (in fact it’s all back in fashion). This however feels like your aunt has put on a backwards cap and downloaded TikTok.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 15-10-2023

(15-10-2023, 03:38 PM)Bazinga Wrote:  I have just caught up on the first eviction and I must say I don’t think the outdoor set works well. It just doesn’t flow very well.

The last set they had on channel 5 was fantastic imo. The stairs leading up to the house & longer platform staging areas are missed, it just doesn’t look right and seems clumsy with Aj and Will standing at the end of the platform area.
Completely disagree - think it's the best set up they've had since leaving Bow.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 15-10-2023

It feels quite awkward and clunky to me at the moment - I don’t think that’s a symptom of the set but it definitely is due to how they’re utilising it. The shot of them in front of the audience just sort of emphasised how small it is to me.

I will always love Elstree’s early C4 sets - I know that’s biased because of nostalgia, but the housemates walking up the stairs back into the real world always felt iconic. It felt like more of a separation from the outside world to the show, and the tension of the housemates waiting to be let out into the audience was amazing and humanised it all. ITV2’s exits seem quite manufactured and camp which ruins the whole “social experiment” vibe they said they were going for. They may as well hand the evictee some sparklers and shoot them out of a cannon instead.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Jon - 15-10-2023

I don’t see how the eviction process is any different in this new set different apart from the lack of stairs.

It loses something due to be a smaller set, but for the amount of time it’s on air doesn’t matter too much. Although of course they’ll have to start squeezing them in.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Scrotnig - 15-10-2023

I think this particular evictee was milking it with some showmanship, which is why it perhaps seemed a bit false. Or maybe they hype them up to do that behind the scenes.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - ckck1704 - 15-10-2023

Short teaser for 'the jungle retreat', after big brother. Judging by the intro jingle, it's obviously an I'm a celeb teaser.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - PATV Scunthorpe - 16-10-2023

Broadcast reporting ITV are preparing to revive Celebrity Big Brother next year on ITV1
https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/itv/big-brother-poised-for-celebrity-series/5186932.article 

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Ash101 - 16-10-2023

(16-10-2023, 01:00 PM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  Broadcast reporting ITV are preparing to revive Celebrity Big Brother next year on ITV1
https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/itv/big-brother-poised-for-celebrity-series/5186932.article 

Interesting decision because I would've thought they'd want Big Brother to remain an ITV2 brand... but I guess reality is a big linear winner in this age of ITVX getting all the drama releases first.

I am guessing this would fill the gap used by IAC All Stars series this year? Plus with My Mum Your Dad, they've shown they're not afraid of giving over weeks of the 9pm slot on the main channel anymore.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 16-10-2023

Big Brother will remain an ITV2 brand but was always inevitable Celeb BB would be on ITV1.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - rick - 16-10-2023

I was a massive fan of the C4 days, and lost interest in the C5 days (apart form the celeb versions). Are ITV now doing what C5 did with those insufferable music sequences with lots of footage with no dialogue and sticking everyone's names up over and over when they speak? I thought this was supposed to be a "back to basics" fresh start for the show, not some reboot of what C5 were doing and just putting it on a different channel.