Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 17-10-2023

I think you mean 180!  Tongue

And yes there’s been a lot of that at least in my eyes - I’m unsure what it is but it feels even more jarring with the series being as short as it is and things happening so quickly. The housemates were given an endurance task a couple of days in where they were tempted with their favourite food and drink to lure them out of a huge bed - which sounds promising… if they’d not literally only just lost privileges to those things?

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 17-10-2023

And the problem with endurance challenges on BBUK is Big Brother always gives up before the housemates do.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Flux - 17-10-2023

(17-10-2023, 12:58 AM)Johnr Wrote:  I am an episode behind, just caught up with the Sunday episode...

Found it really 'odd' how the edit did a complete 360 degree turn from showing some (perhaps minor but still) brewing tension over alliances that are forming and food to all of a sudden a secret challenge for a massive jar of sweets followed by the producers deciding to just seemingly at random deploy the dreaded cliche of photos from home...seriously? They've only been away from home a week!

I agree it was waaaaay too early to deploy anything from home, but in the production’s defence has BBUK ever done photos from home before? Letters from home were a staple of the original run - and they worked brilliantly after 8 weeks+ away - but I don’t remember them ever receiving photos like this.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Ash101 - 17-10-2023

(17-10-2023, 10:31 AM)Flux Wrote:  I agree it was waaaaay too early to deploy anything from home, but in the production’s defence has BBUK ever done photos from home before? Letters from home were a staple of the original run - and they worked brilliantly after 8 weeks+ away - but I don’t remember them ever receiving photos like this.

I saw on Twitter someone say that in previous series they've been allowed photos right from the start & they just took them in their suitcase... so maybe a bit of a way to engineer some emotion early on?

The complete launch ratings (including ITVX) are out according to twitter - 3.7 million.

Extremely exciting news for everyone involved - i’m very interested to see how it’s held up now.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Scrotnig - 17-10-2023

(17-10-2023, 03:04 PM)orange Wrote:  The complete launch ratings (including ITVX) are out according to twitter - 3.7 million.

Extremely exciting news for everyone involved - i’m very interested to see how it’s held up now.
That's not too shabby at all!

A well-deserved result as it's a fine production made by people who visibly have a passion for the show and what it represents.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Kim Wexler’s Ponytail - 17-10-2023

There is no buzz around it though. The world might be on fire but pop culture solders on regardless and Big Brother does not feel like it has re-entered the zeitgeist. At its peak, which wasn't all that long ago, Love Island was getting higher ratings and had the kind of unavoidable pop culture presence Big Brother used to have.

For the first couple of weeks of a reboot I wasn’t expecting much from I think it has outperformed any expectations and to think otherwise would be a little silly.

It took a good few years for LI to perform as good as BB is doing now - never mind how it used to (although BB has the advantage of having the stronger brand to build upon). People are actually talking about it and engaging with it - especially on TikTok etc. It’s going to be interesting to see how it builds upon that going forward.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - UTVLifer - 17-10-2023

According to The Sun, CBB is on its way back next March

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/24435195/celebrity-big-brother-return-phillip-schofield/ 

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Kim Wexler’s Ponytail - 17-10-2023

(17-10-2023, 09:44 PM)orange Wrote:  For the first couple of weeks of a reboot I wasn’t expecting much from I think it has outperformed any expectations and to think otherwise would be a little silly.

It took a good few years for LI to perform as good as BB is doing now - never mind how it used to (although BB has the advantage of having the stronger brand to build upon).
Well exactly, this was not the first new series of a show barely anyone remembers. It was supposed to be a big comeback of an iconic show and was promoted as such every since that first teaser aired last summer. The media were all over it pre-launch but the only coverage it's had since is the news about Celeb BB!. TikTok is all very well but I find it had to imagine ITV would not have been hoping for the show to have made a buzzier impact. If they're fine with it, fair enough but i'm not sure anyone want Big Brother to be just doing ''ok'' on their channel. It's supposed to be the zeitgeisty show everyone is talking about.