Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 18-10-2023

(18-10-2023, 02:14 PM)Kim Wexler’s Ponytail Wrote:  If they want it to just quietly do the business then sure, there is absolutely no reason it cannot coast along. But do you really think that is what ITV were hoping for? They could have just rebooted The Circle instead. What is the point in rebooting Big Brother if you are not hoping to replicate the noise that came with it?
People probably asked the same thing when they rebooted Love Island to the tune of 500K viewers. Why reboot something that flopped so badly the first time around?

Regardless, It’s doing well enough to warrant a commission of a celebrity spin off in a few months time - so I don’t see the need to be going in circles asking what the point is when it’s clearly here to stay for at least a while longer.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Kim Wexler’s Ponytail - 18-10-2023

(18-10-2023, 02:31 PM)orange Wrote:  People probably asked the same thing when they rebooted Love Island to the tune of 500K viewers. Why reboot something that flopped so badly the first time around?

Becasue It flopped so badly that barely anyone remembered it by the time the reboot came around. Like the upcoming Castaway reboot, they’re not banking on very many people remembering it existed before. Love Island was essentially starting from scratch whereas Big Brother comes with the benefit of being Big Brother.
And Celeb BB would almost certainly have been in the pipeline regardless of how the first regular series performed. I’ll bet you a fiver the celeb version ultimately outlasts the regular version.  Wink

And it’s doing genuinely very decently for a pilot series of a reboot for the channel it’s on - even with its advantage. Again - circles. They’ve got a very good position to build upon and I absolutely think it’ll take a couple of series for it to the reach the peak of its run. The CBB reboot also promotes the civilian series in and of itself.

I don’t think anyone was expecting it to immediately catch ablaze and be 2002 all over again - but I also really don’t think people were expecting it to perform as well as it has done.

(18-10-2023, 03:17 PM)orange Wrote:  And it’s doing genuinely very decently for a pilot series of a reboot for the channel it’s on - even with its advantage. Again - circles.  They’ve got a very good position to build upon and I absolutely think it’ll take a couple of series for it to the reach the peak of its run.

It could do, or it could have already peaked and return to roughly the same size audience for a few years like it did on ch5. We’ll see.
I do wish it well, but I just think its lacking that extra something I thought the might of the ITV machine would have been able to give it from the get go.

I think from the get go it was always going to be a bit of a test run wasn’t it?

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - TMD_24 - 18-10-2023

Big Brother extended by 15 mins again tonight.

https://x.com/superTV247/status/1714677410002620636?s=20 

(18-10-2023, 04:35 PM)orange Wrote:  I think from the get go it was always going to be a bit of a test run wasn’t it?

A test run for what?

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - ckck1704 - 18-10-2023

(18-10-2023, 08:16 PM)Kim Wexler’s Ponytail Wrote:  A test run for what?

Potentially promoting the series to itv1, perhaps. The wording of the article on broadcast seems to suggest that future series of the civilian show will air on the main channel, or that it will pull an sas and go celebrity only.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - PJamo - 18-10-2023

(18-10-2023, 08:16 PM)Kim Wexler’s Ponytail Wrote:  A test run for what?

Presumably whether Big Brother on ITV2 is well-enough received to add it to the slate of continuing shows, and also what tweaks they need to make to their initial set -up.

It seems like they (the producers) are listening and adjusting already, given the changes yo the nominations process between this week and last.

(18-10-2023, 08:55 PM)PJamo Wrote:  Presumably whether Big Brother on ITV2 is well-enough received to add it to the slate of continuing shows, and also what tweaks they need to make to their initial set -up.

It seems like they (the producers) are listening and adjusting already, given the changes yo the nominations process between this week and last.

Isn’t that what the first series of every tv show is? 

The production team is largely made of people who worked on the show before isn’t it? So I’m sure they’re well versed in what people like and don’t like. Viewer feedback has pretty much been the same for as long as the show has existed with nominations process meddling being a common gripe.