Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - PJamo - 18-10-2023

So essentially a test run by default? What else could it be but a test run for future series?

Sorry, but I'm nor sure what else the talk about 'test runs' could mean - maybe I'm misunderstanding the question I' attempting to answer.

My talk of the nominations process was an atgempted (and perhaps clumsily worded) comparison to when it started on Channel 5: they used vote to save (rather than evict) which it took them a few years (if I'm remembering correctly, apologies if not) to move awat from. By comparison the ITV team seem to be proactively adjusting as time goes based on viewer feedback. It just 'feels' quite proactive on ITV's part to be making adjustments already which seem to reflect to public opinion. Channel 5 (and latter series of Channel 4) seemed to throw twists/changes in for the sake of it.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 18-10-2023

(18-10-2023, 08:16 PM)Kim Wexler’s Ponytail Wrote:  A test run for what?

…Of whether a Big Brother reboot would work now/garner interest?

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Kim Wexler’s Ponytail - 19-10-2023

(18-10-2023, 11:03 PM)orange Wrote:  …Of whether a Big Brother reboot would work now/garner interest?

Well they must have been fairly optimistic as it was announced during the summer that they were committed to at least 2nd series/test run. Although whether that 2nd series is the celeb run or another civilian run I don't know.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - tellyblues - 19-10-2023

Unless this series bombed completely, there was always going to be a second series of BB, but it would have been very hard for it to bomb completely it being BB and its numbers being compared to what shows on ITV2 usually get, which is nothing to write home about. It may also rate decently compared to some main ITV channel shows but when that list includes stuff like Barbara Knox at 90, the hype is perhaps unjustified.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Johnr - 19-10-2023

(18-10-2023, 05:34 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Big Brother extended by 15 mins again tonight.

https://x.com/superTV247/status/1714677410002620636?s=20 

Spoiler : They didn't 'rock the house'

I'm not really sure what the point was in extending the episode, not that it really matters that much as presumably they just chopped off 15 minutes from Late and Live again

If anything it seems more like a ratings technique to make people think there has been some massive drama and get them tuning in!

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Ash101 - 19-10-2023

(19-10-2023, 02:50 AM)tellyblues Wrote:  Unless this series bombed completely, there was always going to be a second series of BB, but it would have been very hard for it to bomb completely it being BB and its numbers being compared to what shows on ITV2 usually get, which is nothing to write home about. It may also rate decently compared to some main ITV channel shows but when that list includes stuff like Barbara Knox at 90, the hype is perhaps unjustified.

I believe it was a 2 series order straight away. Which I guess with the investment needed to create a brand new house that makes sense.

(19-10-2023, 12:32 PM)Johnr Wrote:  Spoiler : They didn't 'rock the house'

I'm not really sure what the point was in extending the episode, not that it really matters that much as presumably they just chopped off 15 minutes from Late and Live again

If anything it seems more like a ratings technique to make people think there has been some massive drama and get them tuning in!

Yeah I agree, the extended episode didn't really feature anything that warranted it. I guess partly because they spent over half an hour on the nominations section... 

It's not really an issue for me as I've been watching the whole 2 hours every night, regardless of how they choose to split it. Late & Live does feel a little bit lacking in places and relies too much on the discussion with a really quiet audience. Wish they'd do more features like body language, friends & family or behind the scenes stuff. Even Aftersun has plenty of behind the scenes for the launch/dumpings etc.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 19-10-2023

Yes - all it needed was a tighter edit. Seems alot of filler during noms and in the last few minutes.

Late & Live though benefits more from losingv15 minutes than the main show does from gaining 15 minutes.

So far though I'm enjoying the show for the first time in 13 years. Still much work to do to rebuild the trust C5 threw away but two weeks in there has been no messing with noms, even though they clearly need to start getting more people out quicker and having 3 up for a double eviction would have seen 7 nominees this week.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - London Lite - 19-10-2023

I'm sure the closer we get to the end, there's going to be more than just one eviction per week.

Like Brekkie, this is the first BB I've enjoyed in a long time thanks to the casting of a broad mix of people rather than the Love Island style we saw with C5.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 19-10-2023

Late and Live really needs to be a bit less awkward than it is. I’m enjoying it but the audience isn’t the most interactive and host interactions can just be cringeworthy sometimes. I think a bit more structure would be great and they could take a bit more influence from BBLB, right now it’s too much filler for comfort.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Robbie1123 - 20-10-2023

I've noticed this slight difference to the end credits between the main show and the spin off, does anyone know why the background colour is full black on the main show but a greytone on the spin off, given theyre on the same channel I would have assumed they'd be the same?