Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 20-10-2023

The host intro is hideously cheesy. They start on one end of the set and then miraculously teleport behind the eye for some reason… while the theme song plays for a second time for no reason at all. It’s so close to being right if they just stopped with the ridiculously unnecessary trimmings… Less is so much more.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - DeMarkay - 20-10-2023

(20-10-2023, 09:06 PM)orange Wrote:  The host intro is hideously cheesy. They start on one end of the set and then miraculously teleport behind the eye for some reason… while the theme song plays for a second time for no reason at all. It’s so close to being right if they just stopped with the ridiculously unnecessary trimmings… Less is so much more.

The theme music has always been played a second time since 2011.

The host used to be welcomed to the stage by Marcus and come out of the eye too just as they do now - and that’s still as tacky as it was on Channel 5.

I don’t want it to feel like it’s me being picky either - they’re already running on limited time and it seems so unnecessary though. In my eyes you don’t have to welcome your host and have a whole sequence of them entering the set after they’ve already just been on-screen… at the set.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Johnr - 20-10-2023

Interesting how after a fairly subdued audience last week Rentamob seemed to have been rehired this week!

I am glad to hear an actual emotion from the audience rather than forced cheering - however considering the small crowd size I completely understand why they tried to prevent that last week. You can hear individual people clear as day and that’s a problem, and they’re going to easily get messages into the house. Some boos and cheers and “Get X Out!” chants are fine if they’re harmonised or mixed but don’t be giving the entire game away.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - eyeTV - 21-10-2023

Surely every eviction night is now going to have to be a double? They need to extend the main show permanently on Fridays to accommodate.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - fanoftv - 21-10-2023

I’m unsure how they will whittle them down, but I wonder if they may do an I’m a Celeb daily eviction for the last week?

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - ckck1704 - 22-10-2023

I do wish they designed a new base eye for the new series, just as channel 5 did.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - JosiahStuart - 23-10-2023

(22-10-2023, 08:36 PM)ckck1704 Wrote:  I do wish they designed a new base eye for the new series, just as channel 5 did.

That or they could’ve adopted the BB eye that’s being used internationally.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Kunst - 23-10-2023

(23-10-2023, 01:07 AM)JosiahStuart Wrote:  That or they could’ve adopted the BB eye that’s being used internationally.

Nah, just leave the eye alone Big Grin.

If ain't broke, don't fix it