Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 24-10-2023

Yes, I'm one of the people who shout loudest about the need for a live feed but at that time of night it needs to be worthwhile and the dips mean it isn't and it should be considered promotion, not spoilers, especially when they're revealing elements on Late and Live anyway.

P.S. Not keen on the BB Israel eye but I've always rated their theme tune. I assume it's not on air at the moment but I know they had a bomb shelter in the house in a previous series at a time when things glad flaired up over Gaza a few years ago.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - ckck1704 - 24-10-2023

On a completely different note, if the planned celebrity series does well on 1, who thinks the civilian series may end up being promoted. It feels like itv2 is being used to test the waters, and more viewers watched the launch on 1. Maybe it is already marked for promotion. Also, i think the final would benefit from being simulcast on 1 as well, with the added benefit of freeview hd reach.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 24-10-2023

No, ITV2 is where it's target audience is the ratings show. ITV1 can afford to give over 2-3 weeks of their schedule for CBB but 6 weeks or more for a civilian run is a bigger ask.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - cable - 24-10-2023

(24-10-2023, 06:37 PM)ckck1704 Wrote:  On a completely different note, if the planned celebrity series does well on 1, who thinks the civilian series may end up being promoted. It feels like itv2 is being used to test the waters, and more viewers watched the launch on 1. Maybe it is already marked for promotion. Also, i think the final would benefit from being simulcast on 1 as well, with the added benefit of freeview hd reach.
ITV2 is now free on satellite, is on cable and on ITVX all in HD. its only SD on Freeview/DTT so I would imagine most of the audience will be watching in HD.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - RDJ - 24-10-2023

Being just a Freeview viewer, it is very irritating not being able to watch ITV2 in HD. Yes it's available on ITVX but the feed does freeze quite regularly using Apple TV and is proving too irritating to watch.

I think in terms of CBB and any channel promotion for Series 2 of BB, I could potentially see the Launch, Evictions and Final being shown on ITV1 with the weekday highlights going out on ITV2. Although if they can do the whole run for I'm A Celeb on ITV1, there shouldn't really be any reason all of it couldn't go out on ITV1, especially if CBB tends to run for about the same length as I'm A Celeb does.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 25-10-2023

ITVX is really a bug bear of mine - Big Brother is a show that I really do like to see live and especially with evictions and chatting about it with friends I would rather not have a delay or app crashes. I watch on Freeview to bypass that and it’s really quite mad just how bad the quality is? I really don’t remember SD looking this bad.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - mouseboy33 - 25-10-2023

Its seems that ITV is missing a money maker by not monetizing their content properly. ITVX isnt beng used to its full potential. IT seems they should just create a FAST channel for a the BigBrother livestream and have periodic advert breaks. Content+Adverts=revenue. In the US and Canada when there are parts that need to be save for the edited show. The feeds go down for a couple of hours. Typically they have some sort of animated back ground. When the feeds will be down for a long periods of time, they will replace the feeds with a live stream of pets at a local LA animal shelter (kittens, puppies, or rabbits playing) then the house feeds return as soon as they have completed whatever they are filming.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 26-10-2023

Tonight really wasn’t great. It was edited so obnoxiously it would’ve made Channel 5 blush.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - ckck1704 - 27-10-2023

I won't be surprised if they just do a shock double eviction tonight. The show is notorious for twists like this.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Robbie1123 - 27-10-2023

It’s 22.21 and I’m on ITV X and Big Brother Eviction show still isn’t up. I was out and wanted to watch at 10pm. Other networks get shows up almost straight away.

This is bad because if I find out the result I won’t watch the show, I’ll only be interested in Sunday’s fall out episode.

You can get a spoiler anywhere, even coming here to moan risked a reveal.

They need to sort this obvious logistical stuff out.