Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Jon - 27-10-2023

I’m not sure going back to vote to evict is the best option for the programme.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Nobby - 27-10-2023

It was broadcast on television wasn't it? You could have recorded it. You'd be able to fast forward through the adverts that way too.

Let this be a lesson to you, despite what some people want you to think, streaming is not the future. Broadcast television is still the better product for the viewer and surely always will be unless it is artificially hampered.

Don't believe the hype. Streaming is a fad, a novelty that will be largely gone in 5 years. Just set a daily timer on your VCR or if you are lucky enough to own a PVR, set a series link. If the tape gets screwed up or the PVR fails, sure try streaming the programme, it's better than nothing but it's not a mature enough product or idea to be your main platform for viewing television.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Ash101 - 27-10-2023

(27-10-2023, 10:25 PM)Robbie1123 Wrote:  It’s 22.21 and I’m on ITV X and Big Brother Eviction show still isn’t up. I was out and wanted to watch at 10pm. Other networks get shows up almost straight away.

This is bad because if I find out the result I won’t watch the show, I’ll only be interested in Sunday’s fall out episode.

You can get a spoiler anywhere, even coming here to moan risked a reveal.

They need to sort this obvious logistical stuff out.
The show was extended till 10:15, so you’ve only given them 6 minutes 

It’s up there now, so not too bad.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - UTVLifer - 27-10-2023

Although I'm gutted at who was evicted, that was by far AJ and Will's best eviction interview yet

Though it would be nice if the producers switch things up and he got to do the eviction announcement itself at some point as AJ has done all three so far

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Johnr - 27-10-2023

It seemed there was a glitch with the eviction countdown timer, it started at 1 rather than 10 and they eventually just replaced it with generic BB logo graphics after a few seconds

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Robbie1123 - 28-10-2023

(27-10-2023, 10:46 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  The show was extended till 10:15, so you’ve only given them 6 minutes 

It’s up there now, so not too bad.

Ahhh so that’s the reason, thanks, I didn’t realise it ran past 10pm, I watched something else for 1/2 an hour and then it was there.

(27-10-2023, 10:43 PM)Nobby Wrote:  It was broadcast on television wasn't it? You could have recorded it. You'd be able to fast forward through the adverts that way too.

Let this be a lesson to you, despite what some people want you to think, streaming is not the future. Broadcast television is still the better product for the viewer and surely always will be unless it is artificially hampered.

Don't believe the hype. Streaming is a fad, a novelty that will be largely gone in 5 years. Just set a daily timer on your VCR or if you are lucky enough to own a PVR, set a series link. If the tape gets screwed up or the PVR fails, sure try streaming the programme, it's better than nothing but it's not a mature enough product or idea to be your main platform for viewing television.

Hum, thanks for the ‘tips’ but I was born in the 80’s I don’t live in the 80’s.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - tomo359 - 28-10-2023

(27-10-2023, 10:25 PM)Robbie1123 Wrote:  It’s 22.21 and I’m on ITV X and Big Brother Eviction show still isn’t up. I was out and wanted to watch at 10pm. Other networks get shows up almost straight away.

This is bad because if I find out the result I won’t watch the show, I’ll only be interested in Sunday’s fall out episode.

You can get a spoiler anywhere, even coming here to moan risked a reveal.

They need to sort this obvious logistical stuff out.
Wait, so you would just miss over an hour of highlights from Thursday just because you found out who was evicted? Seems a bit odd, the eviction is literally the last 10 mins of the whole episode.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - TMD_24 - 28-10-2023

Apparently all live evictions and the final are going to simulcast on ITV1 for the rest of the series.

https://x.com/superTV247/status/1718196883774988787?s=20 

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 28-10-2023

I’d say that’s a really promising move and a promotion rather than a panic move.

As others have said on here it’s quite unlikely for the main BB show to be moved to ITV1 because it’s a big schedule commitment but I think splitting it between the two for the civilian series makes so much sense. It’s going to enjoy better ratings because of it on both ends - I hope this means it gets treated a bit better in future series rather than being forced into ITV2’s youth image by people who don’t really know what the youth are like or want.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - UTVLifer - 28-10-2023

Great news, and a sign of ITV's confidence in Big Brother

There's been a few hit or miss challenges, and some work is still needed on Late & Live to make it less dull, but on the whole I think the ITV2 reboot has stuck the landing.