Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - UTVLifer - 28-10-2023

NAT is pushed back to 22:15 to accommodate the 75 minute eviction show on ITV1

Late & Live will then follow from 22:15 to 23:05 on ITV2

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Ash101 - 28-10-2023

I presume they might’ve done it sooner had they not had Rugby for the main channel on a Friday?

They’re only displacing a new episode of It’ll Be Alright On The Night this coming Friday, so worth it for the bump it’ll cause in Big Brother’s ratings.

(28-10-2023, 11:04 AM)UTVLifer Wrote:  NAT is pushed back to 22:15 to accommodate the 75 minute eviction show on ITV1

Late & Live will then follow from 22:15 to 23:05 on ITV2
Be interesting to see how it effects Late & Live’s number, as the interview takes place there - so more reason for an ITV1 viewer to make the switch than it just being for some discussion/chat.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 28-10-2023

I hope this also means that the eviction shows are also ended properly rather than awkwardly crashing into Late + Live.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - eyeTV - 28-10-2023

9pm on a Friday has become a wasteland for ITV1 so may as well really.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Johnr - 28-10-2023

"You are live on ITV1...please do not swur!"

I'm actually left wondering what the point of saying that is other than it being an iconic 'Davina catchphrase' from the old days, when the show contains swearing throughout and presumably the live is on a minor delay anyway so could be bleeped if someone really went off on one

The evicted housemate last night swore a couple of times anyway as they were preparing to leave the house!

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - James2001 - 28-10-2023

(28-10-2023, 11:47 AM)Johnr Wrote:  "You are live on ITV1...please do not swur!"

Please do not say **** or bugger.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - freeview87 - 28-10-2023

Its only said because its iconic and so associated with BB.

In the C4 days the announcement of who was going was live, then we started recording eviction with about a 20min delay. I assume ITV2 is pure live

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - JAS84 - 28-10-2023

In Davina's time, was the eviction pre-watershed? Airing before 9pm would certainly explain the "please do not swear" line.

And I agree that ITV only waited until now due to the rugby. They'd have done it from the start otherwise, after the success of the launch show.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 28-10-2023

(28-10-2023, 01:23 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  In Davina's time, was the eviction pre-watershed? Airing before 9pm would certainly explain the "please do not swear" line.
The line originates from a surprise eviction in the last week of BB2, when the eviction announcements were pre-watershed and live - so they were told not to swear, though inevitably I think one of them did.    BB3 began with what was a surprise week 1 eviction (they used to begin in week 2), so it was used again and then just kind of stuck.

Always hated the catchphrase though because after then it was hardly ever actually needed.   If the announcement was pre-watershed they added a few minutes delay, so the live line wasn't relevant.   And if it was after the watershed (as they generally were from BB5 onwards), they'd just shown highlights full of swearing so it was irrelevant then.  

It became the same with "I'm Coming to Get You" too - that was used from the beginning in Bow when Davina would have to leave the studio and come to the house to get to the evictee, as was also the case in BB3 & BB4 at Elstree, but then they changed to the outside announcements most series so Davina was already at the foot of the stairs waiting.   Indeed she'd actually walk away from the house slightly after her announcement.

Talking of the announcements one thing I find odd is AJ is clearly taking the lead on them every week whilst in most other aspects Will seems to be her equal. I thought they'd alternate on them like Ant and Dec tend to do on the key moments.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - newsjunkie - 28-10-2023

I would imagine it is also a fact that Big Brother is seen as a family show - especially when it began.

9PM is not seen as a strict cut off for profanity by ofcom. It is just less likely that young people will be watching so just because it is after 9PM doesn't mean swearing is allowed. Sport is a key one for this, ofcom expects young people will be allowed to stay up for big sporting event.