Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 31-10-2023

(30-10-2023, 10:17 PM)ckck1704 Wrote:  Looks like big brother has turned evil... again.
They could have treated viewers to a live special eviction but opted to trick us instead and disregard one of the key components of the show.

Just a baffling decision when they have a live nightly slot available to them - especially as it seems the eviction was happening whilst on air.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 31-10-2023

Absolutely loved how they went about the secret mission - felt quite classic BB. I don’t like how they’re going about the eviction though - I really don’t know why it just couldn’t be a special live show tonight and that feels a bit rushed and poorly planned.

I think they’ll be kicking themselves over it too - it’s likely Kerry will go and in that case the most anticipated eviction of the series is going to be happening via back door rather than live.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Jon - 31-10-2023

I think the fact Kerry is likely to go is one of the main reasons they’re doing it. A woman leaving the house on a mobility scooter being booed isn’t going to be a good look for the show/ITV.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - JT95 - 31-10-2023

(31-10-2023, 12:06 PM)Jon Wrote:  I think the fact Kerry is likely to go is one of the main reasons they’re doing it. A woman leaving the house on a mobility scooter being booed isn’t going to be a good look for the show/ITV.

Completely agree, especially as ITV regularly do the 'Get Britain Talking' and 'Be Kind' initiatives. I'm sure even having crowds chanting "Get Kerry Out" is something that probably kind of goes against their mental wellbeing campaigns.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - ckck1704 - 31-10-2023

(31-10-2023, 12:06 PM)OfJon Wrote:  I think the fact Kerry is likely to go is one of the main reasons they’re doing it. A woman leaving the house on a mobility scooter being booed isn’t going to be a good look for the show/ITV.

If she does survive this week, but gets nominated for Friday, they may have to do what channel 4 did during the 2007 racism controversy and do the eviction without an audience.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 31-10-2023

Despite the fact I don’t think she has done that much to be booed for I don’t think they’ve gone out of their way to create this eviction to get Kerry out of there discreetly. 

Kerry is a lot more than just her mobility scooter and her disability - and I would hope if she was evicted to a live crowd and she got a bad reception that people would view it contextually within the show rather than just seeing someone with a disability being booed. Obviously it’s not nice for anyone to be booed but you’re going on Big Brother to be on Big Brother.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - gottago - 31-10-2023

I would suggest that this back door eviction is a late (or at least later) addition to the series rather than pre-planned before the seires as yes they would have done a fuller live show otherwise. But you can't just decide to schedule in an extra full-blown eviction show at short notice. They've got a whole live crew and audience management that would need to be booked and budgeted for.

Having said that I think you're all over-thinking ITV being scared of a disabled person being booed.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - London Lite - 31-10-2023

I always thought we'd start to see evictions earlier in the week as this is a shorter run of BB to bring the numbers down in time for the final.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Flux - 31-10-2023

(31-10-2023, 02:49 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I always thought we'd start to see evictions earlier in the week as this is a shorter run of BB to bring the numbers down in time for the final.

I think they want to keep numbers up. After the early seasons where 3 finalists were normal, they seemed to panic that 3 wasn’t enough to carry a whole week and the number of finalists steadily grew.

They were right, 3 isn’t enough. Often the final weeks would consist of the same three housemates in one room talking about everyone who had left! But there’s a happy medium where it’s still a small enough number to feel like they’ve accomplished something and actually reached the final. The way it’s going I worry they’re not going to evict enough people for it to feel like it’s reaching any kind of climax in the competition.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - TMD_24 - 31-10-2023

Has been confirmed it is a double eviction on Friday. By the way Will introduced it, it won't be the last double eviction.