Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Joe - 01-11-2023

(28-10-2023, 02:13 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Talking of the announcements one thing I find odd is AJ is clearly taking the lead on them every week whilst in most other aspects Will seems to be her equal.  I thought they'd alternate on them like Ant and Dec tend to do on the key moments.

‘…which means that this week I have the horrible job…’

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Ash101 - 01-11-2023

(01-11-2023, 12:18 AM)Joe Wrote:  ‘…which means that this week I have the horrible job…’

This part of Bake Off really annoys me every week! It's no different to announcing who has left any other reality/talent show right?!! Tess and Claudia don't make a heartfelt comment before the results each week.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 01-11-2023

(31-10-2023, 12:06 PM)Jon Wrote:  I think the fact Kerry is likely to go is one of the main reasons they’re doing it. A woman leaving the house on a mobility scooter being booed isn’t going to be a good look for the show/ITV.

Looking back to this - she left via coffin. I don’t know which method would make ITV look better.  Blush

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Jon - 01-11-2023

(01-11-2023, 02:10 AM)orange Wrote:  Looking back to this - she left via coffin. I don’t know which method would make ITV look better.  Blush
I think she went into the coffin and then came back into the room when the other housemates left the room. 

Anyway the live feeds started to get better over the last few days.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - ckck1704 - 01-11-2023

Come to think of it, perhaps after this series, we might see some international versions of the show airing on itv2 or itvbe.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - ACTV - 01-11-2023

The Australian version was on E4 a few years back and is available to stream on Channel 4's streaming service. I'm unsure if C4 will still have the rights now ITV has BB but I wouldn't be particularly surprised to see the US version pop up on ITVBe considering they've shown the US version of Love Island.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - ckck1704 - 01-11-2023

(01-11-2023, 04:31 PM)ACTV Wrote:  The Australian version was on E4 a few years back and is available to stream on Channel 4's streaming service. I'm unsure if C4 will still have the rights now ITV has BB but I wouldn't be particularly surprised to see the US version pop up on ITVBe considering they've shown the US version of Love Island.

E4 stopped airing it mid series. Channel 4 really had the chance to full on bring back big brother, but have now lost what could have been a great boost for them.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - callumwatchestelly - 01-11-2023

(01-11-2023, 04:31 PM)ACTV Wrote:  The Australian version was on E4 a few years back and is available to stream on Channel 4's streaming service. I'm unsure if C4 will still have the rights now ITV has BB but I wouldn't be particularly surprised to see the US version pop up on ITVBe considering they've shown the US version of Love Island.

I also believe US Love Island also aired for a few series on ITV2?

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - ACTV - 01-11-2023

(01-11-2023, 05:10 PM)ckck1704 Wrote:  E4 stopped airing it mid series. Channel 4 really had the chance to full on bring back big brother, but have now lost what could have been a great boost for them.

What probably didn't help was that they chose the recent Australian version shown on 7, which was pre recorded in advance of it's transmission, and was massively different to the format well known in the UK. From what I've heard it was a fairly poor series.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 01-11-2023

Their new series launches next week - it was recorded in October 2022.

I've no issue with a more competitive, strategic format - personally I'd have preferred our revival to be based on the US/Canada format, but understand why that wouldn't have been right for BBUK. However removing the live element just strips away the core element of the show that we discover things as the housemates do - and indeed sometimes as producers too. Big Brother works because in week one you don't know what's going to happen a few weeks down the line - but pre-recording it means the narrative is set in stone from the beginning.