Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Jon - 03-11-2023

I think Paul and Dylan will go, but with the ITV 1 audience added many of which won’t have been following the whole series I do think there is a risk of Trish going over Dylan particularly as it sounds like she’s going to feature more heavily tonight.

I think Banijay/ITV are taking the piss somewhat putting out three hours of bird song on the live feed though. I believe they’ll they’ve only just started putting proper ads on the feed now which I wouldn’t imagine those advertisers are too happy about.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - dbl - 03-11-2023

(03-11-2023, 02:24 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  Haha, nope, I still want Dylan out but Paul is the main one. 

Funnily enough, I live one bus away from the Big Brother house and I had a good mind to go to Harlesden and find out what the hell was going on in there  Big Grin

Agreed. I feel with Dylan you know where you stand in his behaviour, Paul's low-key nastiness is coming to a head.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 03-11-2023

This week has shown the producers‘ asses I think unfortunately - lots of not so happy campers and it does feel a lot more C5 in terms of producers being sloppy and making questionable decisions.

I’m not sure what they’re trying to achieve.

If they’re trying to pretend something more exciting than actually did happen, people just won’t believe it in future.

If they think what we’ve already seen in the clips is the most exciting bit what’s the point of not allowing live feed viewers to see the reaction to it? If they’ve spoilt it anyway.

If they’re worried they’re going to lose viewers to the highlights show becuase they’ve seen it live, why? Those watching the highlights are the ones most likely to watch the highlights show whatever.

If they’re worried people will share the footage on social media why? It just means people will be more likely to watch the whole thing and have more people talking about it.

The other thing is, you’re telling people not to watch the live stream on your flagship ITV X product you want to push because if it’s interesting you won’t see it anyway.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 03-11-2023

And spoiler wise why censor the live feed (which was after the event anyway) but release a blow by blow account ahead of the episode anyway.

What's worse is the mis-information having no live feed encourages - the best protection for the housemates reputations is for viewers to be able to see for themselves what is happening - because what they come up with when they can't is usually far, far worse.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - ckck1704 - 03-11-2023

(03-11-2023, 03:32 PM)orange Wrote:  This week has shown the producers‘ asses I think unfortunately - lots of not so happy campers and it does feel a lot more C5 in terms of producers being sloppy and making questionable decisions.

Well, the series is veing made by initial, the same studio who did the channel 5 version.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 03-11-2023

There’s been a few issues with things apparently happening on live feed but with no way to watch it back or rewind it it’s allowed unconfirmed stuff to spread like wildfire.

ITV are also copyright striking any footage of last night’s Late and Live incident where they went live to the house. Very very weird, very unclear and very Channel 5. The fact there’s been no explanation for the live feed outage is shoddy to say the least.

(03-11-2023, 06:06 PM)ckck1704 Wrote:  Well, the series is veing made by initial, the same studio who did the channel 5 version.
And the Channel 4 version of course. Of course ITV ultimately commissions the show so calls the shots and they must be happy to have a 3 hour programme on their flagship platform which was promoted one when of their linear channels which had no content.

The thing is, if they know they’re not going to show anything they could at least put a 3 hour super cut from earlier in the day or something. It just shows a total lack of respect for their viewers if they’re not going to even put up a slide telling viewers there isn’t going to be footage.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - ckck1704 - 03-11-2023

(03-11-2023, 06:41 PM)Jon Wrote:  And the Channel 4 version of course. Of course ITV ultimately commissions the show so calls the shots and they must be happy to have a 3 hour programme on their flagship platform which was promoted on when of their linear channels which had no content.
No, remarkable television produced the last channel 4 series, while initial started fpr series 12, the first channel 5 series.

(03-11-2023, 06:46 PM)ckck1704 Wrote:  No, remarkable television produced the last channel 4 series, while initial started fpr series 12, the first channel 5 series.
It’s all what was Endemol and now part of Banijay, I’m not sure which of their labels they stick on it matters. Would have been mostly the same people. The label they stuck on Deal or No Deal changed at least once too. Could have just been changed round for tax reasons.