Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Andrew - 10-11-2023

(10-11-2023, 11:12 PM)Johnr Wrote:  Turns out NOT for the win despite the rather loud opinion of the crowd!

The audience chanting that Trish should win, followed by her eviction seconds later is a pretty big Telly moment.

That SuperTV account on Twitter is losing their s*** at the moment after spending all week telling everyone to vote for Jenkin

It’s blown the series wide open now

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Jon - 10-11-2023

Trish wasn’t the favourite in the first place, however if she had survived this eviction she almost certainly would have become so. Really if anyone wanted any other housemate to win, getting rid of Trish was the way to go.

I imagine they’ll switch to vote to save for the celebrity version.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 10-11-2023

Inconsistencies from producers all around though - Trish arguably shouldn’t have been nominated if they removed Chanelle’s nominations like they had with Yinrun and Olivia. Yinrun was locked in a cell for 4 hours and Chanelle got her immunity revoked and that was it? Really odd.

You can take the show out of Channel 5…

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - ckck1704 - 10-11-2023

(10-11-2023, 02:13 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I get the feeling ITV will annoy the long term fans and keep the same overall look and feel of the series permanently, maybe just changing the very centre of the eye, rather than each series having a completely different look

It seems to be the trend to establish long term brands that stick around these days

Well, the logo used in the cbb teaser is a generic itv1 themed logo, not an adaptation of the 2023 civilian logo. Looks like all change for the next series thankfully.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Jon - 11-11-2023

It’s always been part of the format that Big Brother can change the rules at any time. Presumably they thought losing immunity was a bigger punishment for Chanelle than her losing her nominations, which it was as she’d still be there if she hadn’t had that punishment.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 11-11-2023

Tonight just shows why vote to evict works so well - it's makes eviction night the event is should be and keeps things unpredictable. I've always felt too it's best for the big characters to leave one week before the finale, especially if they're not winning - they get their moment and a decent interview, plus the little bit of media afterwards, rather than being part of the conveyor belt of evictees on finale night with barely a few minutes of airtime.

Voting to evict is also more effective at shaking up the dynamics of the house - it's a shame there is only a week left because I think these two going changes things more than any previous eviction, and the first hit the Jordan/Trish side of the house has really had to take.

Sounds like next week will be messy - they said it would be "Eviction week" with evictions "left, right and centre" before the finale but wouldn't give us the details of when or how many other than to confirm there will be another round of nominations, which is a good move - especially with these two gone.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - arbrax - 11-11-2023

(10-11-2023, 11:34 PM)Andrew Wrote:  The audience chanting that Trish should win, followed by her eviction seconds later is a pretty big Telly moment.

That SuperTV account on Twitter is losing their s*** at the moment after spending all week telling everyone to vote for Jenkin

It’s blown the series wide open now

Anyone else getting sick of that SuperTV account? You can't be both a news account and a fan account, and it doesn't help when they're super annoying as both. I've fully muted it now FWIW but they've had a big hand in influencing people and the vote and I haven't liked it one bit

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 11-11-2023

Is it that serious? I can see why they’d be irritating but it’s very easy to mute them and go about your day. There’s tonnes on Twitter - their “exclusives” are usually stuff they’ve ripped off of Broadcast too.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - arbrax - 11-11-2023

Oh it's almost definitely getting to my head more than it should, Twitter keeps pushing these accounts to me and I've finally bothered to start muting them because I know I shouldn't be this annoyed

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - ckck1704 - 11-11-2023

Quick question, did stv get a separate cbb reveal, or did it go with the itv1 branded version?