Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - TheGregmeister - 13-11-2023

(12-11-2023, 09:11 PM)orange Wrote:  It’s not like ITV are putting in a highly controversial leader of a far right party in another flagship reality show of theirs in a few days...
While that would probably garner plenty of discussion and probable accusations of stunt casting, they're not actually doing that to be fair.
That other flagship ITV1 reality show and those that are signed up to take part can be discussed in its own yet to be created thread.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - TMD_24 - 13-11-2023

They seem to have let the spoilers play out on the live stream tonight rather than birdsong and stock footage. I guess they decided there is nothing to lose now and just get it all out there.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 13-11-2023

It’s not dragging the topic somewhere else if we’re talking about the same network’s course of action on two things. Trish has now been banned from Late and Live by ITV and the decision to cast her/why her social media slipped through the cracks is being investigated. Trish’s decade old tweets aren’t something to defend but I think the hypocrisy and irony of the situation compared to who they’ve just cast in I’m A Celeb is very strong and now the series is stumbling to an uncomfortable finish.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 13-11-2023

Quite enjoyed piecing together the info on the live feed. It absolutely could have been done live at 10pm (they really should use Late & Live more for live twists) but seems like:

Jenkin, Jordan and Tom were nominated, sent to the diary room and told the eviction was happening there and then and they were all leaving. It sounds like there was a tie for the top three with Yinrun and Matty (presumably with the least noms) having to break it. Yinrun has pretty much called the twist that one will come back but others don't seem so sure.

Producers have already stated it's a vote to evict so I hope they have the integrity to stick with that, even if it does remove a possible winner. Really given the narrative is they've already been evicted they probably should have done it as a vote to save.

I do think though it would have just been far easier and less messy just to do a double eviction live every Friday rather than all these back door evictions.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Andrew - 13-11-2023

The issue with twists is that you can’t predict what the general public will do in a vote and it could blow up in their faces. We’ve seen it on I’m a Celeb where only one camp is up, meaning it ends up being a 1/5 and then Noel Edmonds is first out

The best outcome most would agree with I assume is that Jordan is saved, comes back into the house, Henry is obviously delighted and one of the main storylines continues as does all the great dead pan humour

But knowing the public Jenkin will be the one to be saved, who adds much less to the show (although his line about only ever going to a Spa(r) to pick up a meal deal was funny)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Jon - 13-11-2023

Basically if it’s vote to save Jordan goes back in. If it’s vote to evict Jordan and Jenkin or Jenkin and Tom will go.

It’s only really a twist for the house mates although they’ve already sussed it out, for viewers it’s just a double eviction.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 13-11-2023

Ah, spoiler tags didn't work then. Sorry about that.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - gottago - 13-11-2023

Re Celeb BB, Broadcast says the live stream will also be available on STV Player.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 13-11-2023

I’m worried more than half of the budget might’ve went into 3D intros.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - TMD_24 - 13-11-2023

Tomorrow's eviction will be done live as confirmed on Late and Live.