Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - ckck1704 - 14-11-2023

Looks like will is presenting tomorrow as well. I wonder why aj wasn't able to do it tonight?

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - TMD_24 - 14-11-2023

(14-11-2023, 12:01 AM)ckck1704 Wrote:  Looks like will is presenting tomorrow as well.  I wonder why aj wasn't able to do it tonight?

Will mentioned that the two evicted housemates would join AJ tomorrow so it sounds like she is doing the show on Tuesday

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Ash101 - 14-11-2023

(14-11-2023, 12:01 AM)ckck1704 Wrote:  Looks like will is presenting tomorrow as well.  I wonder why aj wasn't able to do it tonight?

But Will did do Sunday and Monday night.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 14-11-2023

Sounds like they were switched as AJ is clearly seen as the senior presenter.

I do think in hindsight they should have just kept things alot easier by doing a double eviction every Friday. Not ideal, but better than the mess they seem to be making with the need for extra evictions. Even just making this a normal eviction tonight with the full live show treatment wouldn't be so bad.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 14-11-2023

Better yet - not casting 16 people for a 6 week series.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - tomo359 - 14-11-2023

Hopefully they'll learn from this first series and make these various changes for the next series.
It does feel like this last week is going to feel quite rushed to get people out which is a shame, just one more week would have made such a difference

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 14-11-2023

I really feel like they need to absolutely overhaul the production crew and maybe even consult some people from its heyday if they so wish. I think if I recall correctly a lot of the team are the same from the late C5 era and I think that was a mistake. It feels very that era and I don’t really understand why they’d go about it that way - there’s a reason it was canned. Why make the same mistakes all over again? 

It doesn’t feel like the show was properly researched - it feels like they’ve improved it a bit but continued where they left off instead of actually taking a proper look at what made the show so good in the first place.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 14-11-2023

It's fine tuning and better planning - but really no excuse for poor planning when they've known throughout they've too many housemates and not enough weeks. A full on live eviction could have been arranged for tonight from the start.

Tasks have also been overdone this series, especially the last couple of weeks when it's been a new one virtually everyday. They are almost all structured in a way where producers decide if it's a pass or fail.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Andrew - 14-11-2023

(14-11-2023, 02:30 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  It's fine tuning and better planning - but really no excuse for poor planning when they've known throughout they've too many housemates and not enough weeks.    A full on live eviction could have been arranged for tonight from the start.

Tasks have also been overdone this series, especially the last couple of weeks when it's been a new one virtually everyday.  They are almost all structured in a way where producers decide if it's a pass or fail.
How can it be poor planning when it’s obviously planned to be like this?

Just because twists are announced to viewers at short notice it doesn’t mean they’ve just been invented

I guess why they’ve done it like this leaving loads of housemates in, is to ensure the show doesn’t tail off towards the final. Sometimes on shows like this a lot of big/loud names have gone and the last week is pretty quiet limping towards the finish line.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Jon - 14-11-2023

Yes, for example a week with just the 5 left in the house would have been pretty poor.