Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Jon - 14-11-2023

The eviction was handled quite well I thought. Much better than the last back door one.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 14-11-2023

AJ very very suited to the main host role - it’s felt natural tonight especially after the show having a sort of motherly host is what we’re used to. Will is perfect for the side show and as that sort of Dermot O’Leary type of role and I hope they capitalise on that.

Yes, these solo interviews have been much better.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Alessi - 14-11-2023

(14-11-2023, 11:30 PM)orange Wrote:  AJ very very suited to the main host role - it’s felt natural tonight especially after the show having a sort of motherly host is what we’re used to. Will is perfect for the side show and as that sort of Dermot O’Leary type of role and I hope they capitalise on that.

Agree. Dare I say Will hasn't worked as a host for me. He's competent, but just doesn't have that star quality for me to be a main host. The show works much better with one host.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - arbrax - 14-11-2023

I love them both but they definitely suit two different energies
AJ suits the main bits, interviewing housemates as they're evicted, giving Davina and Emma energy (minus the intense grilling - come on!) she's also got that "arm on hip" pose down to a tee
Will works far better for the regular days on Late and Live, yesterday's show with that insane audience was a lot of fun with him behind the wheel
I still think it's a good idea to have two hosts just because they can bring a different style to suit however the show is going to go on that day

When they cut to AJ in the secret room, it just felt more like proper Big Brother than when they’re hosting together. Which is shame to say because Will’s very good in his own right .

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Andrew - 14-11-2023

I change my mind daily on who is the better host

AJ was great tonight but I think when she’s dealing with the audience on normal shows she can seem a bit lost, and Will is better at that

Of course her “please do not swurr” line is already iconic

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 14-11-2023

I think AJ has been itching to grill them more but I think she’s having to stay within the constraints ITV have put in place.

As for Will - he does a great job in BBLL and really slots into that cheeky BBLB/BBBM role very well, I just don’t think his attendance in the live shows is necessary.

They could do it how they used to with AJ being main host and joining Will in BBLL on Fridays. Although with this series (more-so during the start) I felt like I was missing a lot and wanted more news about the house so I was really missing the two side shows format C4 had. If they don’t manage to stuff up the reboot completely next time and it becomes something bigger then I’d like to see them pursue that.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Andrew - 15-11-2023

(13-11-2023, 01:22 AM)Andrew Wrote:  The issue with twists is that you can’t predict what the general public will do in a vote and it could blow up in their faces. We’ve seen it on I’m a Celeb where only one camp is up, meaning it ends up being a 1/5 and then Noel Edmonds is first out

The best outcome most would agree with I assume is that Jordan is saved, comes back into the house, Henry is obviously delighted and one of the main storylines continues as does all the great dead pan humour

But knowing the public Jenkin will be the one to be saved, who adds much less to the show (although his line about only ever going to a Spa(r) to pick up a meal deal was funny)
As it turns out that twist went pretty much perfectly

Tom was entertaining slagging them all off in the spare room, and then Jordan being the one who returned was the best result

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - ckck1704 - 15-11-2023

(14-11-2023, 11:55 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I change my mind daily on who is the better host

AJ was great tonight but I think when she’s dealing with the audience on normal shows she can seem a bit lost, and Will is better at that

Of course her “please do not swurr” line is already iconic

Oh yeah. They dropped that line when it was on channel 5