Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - ckck1704 - 18-11-2023

I don't think itv would split the 2 shows over 2 channels. Bb and cbb should both be on one channel, either itv2 or itv1. If the viewing figures turn out higher on 1, then promotion is a no brainer move to get even higher ratings.

Also, they should really maxe next series longer, this series was the shortest civilian series on record. But then again, i think 6 weeks for bb and 3 weeks for cbb is perfect size for the series. Although in my opinion, i think a series of celebrity big brother before this year's civilian series may have helped to garner higher viewership.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - iloveTV1 - 18-11-2023

I think they should’ve shown a few more highlights tonight (although a lack of friday highlights has been my pet peeve for the whole series), and Jordan’s interview should’ve probably been in the main show, but the final worked quite well as one long show. I’d probably drop L&L on eviction nights though (at least for the civilian version as that’s presumably still on ITV2 next year).

In terms of Celebrity Big Brother, I’d probably want a Saturday show, especially as the run will presumably be shorter and it’ll be airing on ITV1, but I’m not expecting it to be honest. I suspect they’ll also be more definition between the main show and L&L if they’re airing on different channels.

Apparently the application form says the next civilian series will be 8 weeks long, I think a case could be made for them to extent it further based on the success of this run.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Andrew - 18-11-2023

We could have done without those Z list celebrity house guests on L&L tonight.

Why talk to them when the actual housemates are in attendance.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Ash101 - 18-11-2023

(18-11-2023, 12:44 AM)iloveTV1 Wrote:  Apparently the application form says the next civilian series will be 8 weeks long, I think a case could be made for them to extent it further based on the success of this run.

I would be shocked if they didn't try and get an 8 week run out of it next time.

Although I am sure it said this last time? It says 'up to 8 weeks', so presumably this is including any pre-series hiding?

(18-11-2023, 01:13 AM)Andrew Wrote:  We could have done without those Z list celebrity house guests on L&L tonight.

Why talk to them when the actual housemates are in attendance.
Bizarre wasn't it. 

I think the guest situation has been a bit of a misfire all series. Mr RizzleKicks has appeared far too many times..I don't mind the idea of a houseguest, but maybe you only need them and 1 other.

I'd like to think we'll see more ex-housemates on the panel next year... as it felt like ITV were trying to have a fresh break and not use any previous normal or celebrity housemates (although Kate Lawler broke that in the last few days!).

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Andrew - 18-11-2023

With the celebrity houseguests, they got it right a few times with some sensible names that gave good insight, but far too often they were Z list over the top obnoxious types who were clearly only there for a few quid and to give their act exposure.

It was as if the bookers were trying to book for a random ITV2 panel show rather than a show that is supposed to be bigger and break out beyond the usual ITV2 demographic.

To be honest though I’m not sure any reality show or its spin off has ever mastered the best way to finish the series. It’s even worse on I’m a Celeb, you get a crown of twigs, fireworks go off, and that’s it, it’s all over. 

I would have basically filled the last 45 mins with the housemates, more chat, banter, montages, reactions to stuff other housemates won’t have seen before, reactions to Jordan being the winner etc, rather than celebrity house guests.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Gary Baldy - 18-11-2023

I was extremely sceptical about this series before it started, but it’s actually been the best Big Brother in *years*.

(18-11-2023, 01:42 AM)Andrew Wrote:  With the celebrity houseguests, they got it right a few times with some sensible names that gave good insight, but far too often they were Z list over the top obnoxious types who were clearly only there for a few quid and to give their act exposure.

It was as if the bookers were trying to book for a random ITV2 panel show rather than a show that is supposed to be bigger and break out beyond the usual ITV2 demographic.

To be honest though I’m not sure any reality show or its spin off has ever mastered the best way to finish the series. It’s even worse on I’m a Celeb, you get a crown of twigs, fireworks go off, and that’s it, it’s all over. 

I would have basically filled the last 45 mins with the housemates, more chat, banter, montages, reactions to stuff other housemates won’t have seen before, reactions to Jordan being the winner etc, rather than celebrity house guests.
I’m a Celeb at least used to have Extra Camp for some closure

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - what - 18-11-2023

It didn't help that most of the house guests were unknown unless you happened to listen to certain radio stations. They had a lot of KISS and KISSTORY DJs for some reason

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - bilky asko - 18-11-2023

The show that has the final episode format mastered is The Apprentice alongside [The Apprentice:] You're Hired!

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 18-11-2023

Still can’t quite believe what a mess L&L was last night - we had an awkward reunion that felt like those BB specials of 8 out of 10 cats, the “celebrity” houseguests talked about how Yinrun should’ve won, and then they started running all around the house and left the actual housemates and winner behind for what felt like half the show. I feel like I hallucinated it.

Entertaining though in an odd way.

The series itself has been very mixed but I will agree that it is one of the best since C5 took over - major improvements necessary though. Nip the C5 sliminess in the bud once and for all - I’m still astonished how much had been carried over from that era. I really hope they knuckle down now the series is finished and properly research how the show used to be and any kinks they need to iron out. That series was far too up in the air and rushed for its own good.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - UTVLifer - 18-11-2023

Late & Live has been a hot mess all series and guest panels have ranged from meh to crap. The only night I actively enjoyed watching L&L was the night last week with Fleur East and Charlene White on the panel. Dean McCullough was another of the few great panelists

I'd argue the flow of last night was hampered by ITV1 needing to go to the news at 22:15. And although I like that ITV were confident enough to put the last few Friday evictions and the final in ITV1, I'd rather have a 2.5hr combined finale show on ITV2

With regards to the series itself, I seem to have been one of the few on Twitter who hasn't minded the increase in tasks over the final fortnight as bluntly, the house dynamics reached a point where they all seemed to be sitting in their grouping and having the same conversations all day - so the tasks became necessary to bring the house together

I also can't wait to see the back of this eye design/colour scheme - particularly the orange text on pink background name captions