Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Jon - 04-03-2024

Seems fitting that the man responsible for one of the standout moments from the history of the show is front and centre in the news today.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - TMD_24 - 04-03-2024

For those who are wondering about the outside set, based on what I have seen on social media by various of outlets, no major changes apart from few stars added to the floor.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - mouseboy33 - 04-03-2024

(04-03-2024, 04:26 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  For those who are wondering about the outside set, based on what I have seen on social media by various of outlets, no major changes apart from few stars added to the floor.

Yeah I was looking at the pictures and they added a few gold stars and added some gold stripes and things. But other than that i dont really see any changes to much. it basically looks the same. Again i think it comes down to money. Its hard to retrofit that massive house on the cheap for each series. So I imagine going forward, they will probably do the major renovation/redecoration for the civilian version and then add the gold accents and stars for the companion "celeb" version that follows. Makes sense.
I wonder if they will keep the basic layout of the house and do what Big Brother US/CAN does just strip the walls and give it a new look but overall its basically the same house? It will be interesting to see. How they economize the changes each series.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Jon - 04-03-2024

(04-03-2024, 05:36 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  Yeah I was looking at the pictures and they added a few gold stars and added some gold stripes and things. But other than that i dont really see any changes to much. it basically looks the same. Again i think it comes down to money. Its hard to retrofit that massive house on the cheap for each series. So I imagine going forward, they will probably do the major renovation/redecoration for the civilian version and then add the gold accents and stars for the companion "celeb" version that follows. Makes sense.
I wonder if they will keep the basic layout of the house and do what Big Brother US/CAN does just strip the walls and give it a new look but overall its basically the same house? It will be interesting to see. How they economize the changes each series.
Pretty standard for a series of Celebrity Big Brother in the Channel 4 days, I think someone pointed out it slightly different in the 5 days as there was two celeb series a year.

For the next civilian series, I would imagine the structure would largely remain the same, but totally redecorated and probably some structural additions so it feels different enough. On the lines of a tree house in the garden or swapping the lounge area with the kitchen. The former probably wouldn’t happen though because it would be less protected by the walls.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - mouseboy33 - 04-03-2024

Plus making changes I think would be easier and less red tape. (not having to go the council for permits and stuff, thats a guess) Because its probably considered a studio set rather an actual singular physical house-like structure like the last BBUK house was at Elstree. The only caviot is, depending on how much room the house takes up inside the studio, they might be restricted. Other any moving the walls around and re configuring current layout. But something tells me that they thought ahead. And built the house in a way that they can move the walls around quite easily. Unlike the BBUS house. But we dont really know the physical footprint of the house inside the studio. So they could have more room to expand the foot of the actual house. After all they oddly put the audience space outside. I know its a holdover from previous versions. Still seems like that the next door studio should be used for evictions AND the after shows. IT RAINS....ALOT in the UK. But thats my personal opinion.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Nobby - 04-03-2024

The subtitles don't seem to be including any swearing. I'm not sure that is offering the best service possible to people who need subtitles.

Are they planning to repeat this during the day with the same subtitles or does Ofcom research show the hard of hearing are particular sensitive to effs and Jeffs?

Some George Galloway fans in the crowd. Their banners probably wouldn't have been allowed this time last week. Let's see if they appear again.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Juicy Joe - 04-03-2024

What would John Logie Baird say & think about tonight's live CBB on the main independent terrestrial channel ITV1? I shudder to think.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Andrew - 04-03-2024

Whereas it’s true that even I’m a Celeb often has a couple of reality TV types or people famous for being related to someone else, I think this line up has gone at least 2 people too many down that road considering it’s on ITV1

If they’d have got two more faces who have actually been on terrestrial television before, the line up would have been so much better - a mainstream TV presenter, someone from sport, an ex-EastEnder, someone from some sort of radio station, that kind of thing.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Gary McEwan - 04-03-2024

(04-03-2024, 11:18 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  What would John Logie Baird say & think about tonight's live CBB on the main independent terrestrial channel ITV1? I shudder to think.

Nothing that could be broadcast that's for sure.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Johnr - 04-03-2024

Tom Allen for the next series please!