Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 05-03-2024

(04-03-2024, 11:46 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Whereas it’s true that even I’m a Celeb often has a couple of reality TV types or people famous for being related to someone else, I think this line up has gone at least 2 people too many down that road considering it’s on ITV1

If they’d have got two more faces who have actually been on terrestrial television before, the line up would have been so much better - a mainstream TV presenter, someone from sport, an ex-EastEnder, someone from some sort of radio station, that kind of thing.

It always baffles me too they put an extra couple of unknown reality stars in despite having too many housemates anyway.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - TMD_24 - 05-03-2024

I'm sorry but Late & Live does not work with four guests, far too many and some can barely get their contributions in.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - James2001 - 05-03-2024

Just seeing the headline "Kate Middleton's uncle"... they really are scraping the barrel of what's considered celebrity here. Even more than when it was John Bercow's wife.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Jon - 05-03-2024

(04-03-2024, 10:53 PM)Nobby Wrote:  Some George Galloway fans in the crowd. Their banners probably wouldn't have been allowed this time last week. Let's see if they appear again.
They’d have just have had to have banners for each of the Rochdale candidates held up at the same time.

(04-03-2024, 11:18 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  What would John Logie Baird say & think about tonight's live CBB on the main independent terrestrial channel ITV1? I shudder to think.
I think as a 135 year old he’s probably more of a Talking Pictures TV man.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - orange - 05-03-2024

When the recent civilian version was airing I liked the fact that as much as it was still tacky - it felt a bit more like a compromise between the C4 and C5 versions of the show. Last night was a mess. And a boring one at that - it felt insanely rushed, nothing was smooth, I blinked and Sharon Osbourne was suddenly being introduced. They need to go back and figure out how to do Live TV properly.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - tomo359 - 05-03-2024

Normally ITV are the stars of live entertainment TV but last night's show did all feel off. The car pointlessly driving 5 foot and the most miserable bouncer ever opening the door and giving the celebs all of 2ft to get past him. The awkward first greetings between the celeb and hosts, some shaking hands, some hugging, some giving one cheek kiss, others two, others trying to give two but only getting one, a kiss on the lips, awkward answers to questions, being completely unaware of what's going on, the hosts talking over each other etc...ok I know some of this is out of ITVs control but it all was a mess to watch.
I actually just look forward to the highlights shows to avoid this mess

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 05-03-2024

It was an unusually poor production, though personally I felt it dragged rather than was rushed. The twist though denied us the biggest selling point of the live launch - those awkward meet and greets. We were basically watching Celebrity Gogglebox rather than Celebrity Big Brother.

I just didn't find anything in that show to entice me to keep watching - didn't even feel inclined to watch Louis and Sharon re-enter the house with them pushing that over to ITV2. It's very odd casting too - half the cast of a quality you expect for an ITV2 show then a few oldies chucked in for ITV1 viewers. Think their needed to be more in the middle ground.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - aaron_scotland - 05-03-2024

(05-03-2024, 02:13 AM)James2001 Wrote:  Just seeing the headline "Kate Middleton's uncle"... they really are scraping the barrel of what's considered celebrity here. Even more than when it was John Bercow's wife.

It was the fact he is so deluded to think people talk about him in the papers, gosh what a strange man.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - TMD_24 - 05-03-2024

2.7m average last night with a peak of 3m. Late & Live did very poorly though with just 290k viewers.

https://x.com/superTV247/status/1764968164570349880?s=20 

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - mouseboy33 - 05-03-2024

Hot Take..... was it way too soon to do basically another series of Big Brother right after the Civilian version concluded. This is where I think BBUK runs into a problem. Just far to many series seemingly back to back. Feels like the residue of the civilian series was just settling and boom back into it. Even if its a few weeks long. IMO its too much. And the audience quickly grows tired of the format. Could there be just a bit more space between series or maybe skip a year for CBBUK? Just a thought.