Pres Café
Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX (/showthread.php?tid=57)

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - shenleyroad - 17-06-2023

(16-05-2023, 05:14 PM)gottago Wrote:  Would certainly make it a hell of a lot cheaper from a waterproofing point of view, and would probably avoid the house flooding due to a storm like in the past!

Wish it had been based in West London when I worked on it. It was a miserably long journey way out in Elstree. It might actually help attract a few more people to work on it as a lot of people were put off by the commute.

Elstree is hardly the back of beyond, it's literally just on the tip of London. I doubt shows like Strictly have any problem attracting staff, nor did BB back in the day.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - cando - 17-06-2023

The Strictly production team certainly isn't based at Elstree. The set is built on Friday morning and taken down on Saturday night. Many rarely see Elstree

On Big Brother the production team worked at Elstree 5/6 days a week  there for months.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - shenleyroad - 17-06-2023

(17-06-2023, 04:37 PM)cando Wrote:  The Strictly production team certainly isn't based at Elstree. The set is built on Friday morning and taken down on Saturday night. Many rarely see Elstree

On Big Brother the production team worked at Elstree 5/6 days a week  there for months.
Weird, thought it was a standing set for the whole run. The edit is based at BBC Elstree so I imagine quite a few of them do see Elstree quite a bit. But glad BB is back in London proper, can't be on a ghastly journey out north can we Big Grin

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - gottago - 28-06-2023

(17-06-2023, 11:47 AM)shenleyroad Wrote:  Elstree is hardly the back of beyond, it's literally just on the tip of London. I doubt shows like Strictly have any problem attracting staff, nor did BB back in the day.

London's a huge city, it's only on the tip if you live in the parts of North London where the transport's right for getting to Elstree. I had 90+ min commutes each way when I lived in South London and worked on BB. The whole crew had to be based in Elstree at least five days a week for the best part of five months. Distance certainly was a consideration for a lot of people when every other TV job was in central London most of the week (including Strictly). By the end BB struggled staffing when Love Island came along and was the big new thing that everyone was talking about. Plus you'd get to live in the sun for 3 months and not have to pay for any food and transport!

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - shenleyroad - 01-07-2023

(28-06-2023, 03:03 PM)gottago Wrote:  London's a huge city, it's only on the tip if you live in the parts of North London where the transport's right for getting to Elstree. I had 90+ min commutes each way when I lived in South London and worked on BB. The whole crew had to be based in Elstree at least five days a week for the best part of five months. Distance certainly was a consideration for a lot of people when every other TV job was in central London most of the week (including Strictly). By the end BB struggled staffing when Love Island came along and was the big new thing that everyone was talking about. Plus you'd get to live in the sun for 3 months and not have to pay for any food and transport!

We'll have to agree to disagree but I am aware our capital is quite big, thanks for that lol. People have commutes everywhere, including across London the other way. I wouldn't put Elstree in the same commute league as places like Pinewood or Maidstone. Or Bovingdon!

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - RhysJR - 26-07-2023

ITV X will air live stream nightly for two hours. The main show will air on ITV 2 and ITV X  at 21:00 Sunday to Friday for an hour with the spin-off show immediately following.

https://twitter.com/tvukzone/status/1684183000576036865?s=20 

https://www.itvmedia.co.uk/news-and-resources/itv-launches-big-brother-2023-itv2-and-itvx-converged-packages 

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Larry the Loafer - 26-07-2023

Seems utterly pointless to me. The whole point of the live stream was being able to drop in when you wanted to, not when the broadcaster decided you could.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - JosiahStuart - 26-07-2023

(26-07-2023, 03:49 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  Seems utterly pointless to me. The whole point of the live stream was being able to drop in when you wanted to, not when the broadcaster decided you could.

I understand what you’re saying, but be glad that were getting live feeds back in some form after the C5 era barely had any.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Kim Wexler’s Ponytail - 26-07-2023

Either have a proper live feed or none at all. I don’t really see the point of only having one for 2 hours.

RE: Big Brother - Returns 2023, ITV2/ITVX - Brekkie - 26-07-2023

Exactly. Much better to invest in that rather than an unnecessary nightly spin off full of Z-listers pretending they watch.