Pres Café
ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV (Wider Group) Branding (/showthread.php?tid=6)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - DogMan2000 - 05-10-2022

Maybe in sort like 10-12 years time the corporate ITV could change with an updated logo (just like the BBC) so will the ITV News branding (possibly by at least 2032 or 2034).

But we'll see about it in the next decade or so.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Cappuccino - 05-10-2022

Speculating just a few months or weeks in advance can be difficult enough. I'd discourage the speculation of a decade hence!

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Asa - 05-10-2022

(04-10-2022, 10:21 PM)rick Wrote:  So which is it, do viewers call it ITV or ITV 1 because two statements are giving two completely different and opposite answers.

Two different teams, a decade apart, wanting to justify their change. The "this makes sense because that's what most of you call it" video is still on YouTube.

I can't believe people are saying ITV1 more but there we go. I don't disagree with their decision though, it does remove any potential confusion.

The idea to use the same scenes with a twist is an interesting take. I can't help being cynical though, thinking the team at ITV2 will soon get cold feet when it's not in-your-face enough for the channel and go their separate way.

It'll be good to see it in action next month. I really hope they've worked on the technical side of ITVX too. They've not got long to smooth issues out before the World Cup.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Allanbuzzy - 05-10-2022

Honestly, the ITV/ITV1 argument to me is quite interesting, even if personally, I would've stuck with ITV. I've even happened to notice certain brands, like O2, are now referring to "the main channel" as "ITV1" on social media.

It's funny, you add a "1", people'll still call it ITV. Remove the "1", and the public already is used to ITV1.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Jon - 05-10-2022

I imagine the survey question was something like “which of following ITV channels do you associate programmes with?” and if people are putting Love Island as being ITV 2 and Heartbeat on ITV 3 they’re going to put ITV 1 down when they see Coronation Street mentioned, merely to distinguish it from the others. Where as if the question was more general and included channels from other broadcasters you’d probably get more people saying simply ITV.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - rick - 05-10-2022

If a slimmer '1' numeral was beside the ITV then I could probably find it nice to look at, but if that is the standard size and shape of the 1 to be used for the DOG and on trailer endboards, it's not a very good choice. The chunky, top heavy, angled '1' doesn't site nicely beside the relatively thin, curved and relaxed looking 'itv'.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - bilky asko - 05-10-2022

(04-10-2022, 10:12 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  Yes folks...it's back:

https://cleanfeed.thetvroom.com/media/2022/10/itv-1-logo-001-01.png 

The numeral looks too wide - though hopefully it will look a bit nicer when it's not quite so low-resolution.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Josh - 05-10-2022

(04-10-2022, 02:50 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  - ITV 1: Human, Optimistic, Welcoming, Massive, Collective.

- ITV 2: Human, Optimistic, Welcoming, Irreverent, OTT.

- ITV 3: Human, Optimistic, Welcoming, Classy, Intriguing.

- ITV 4: Human, Optimistic, Welcoming, No Nonsense, Fanatical.

- ITVBe: Human, Optimistic, Welcoming, Gregarious, Gossipy.

- ITVX: Human, Optimistic, Welcoming, Dynamic, Alive.

So the general "mood" is that all of the channels are human, optimistic and welcoming?

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - ConorM98 - 05-10-2022

(05-10-2022, 02:11 PM)Josh Wrote:  
(04-10-2022, 02:50 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  - ITV 1: Human, Optimistic, Welcoming, Massive, Collective.

- ITV 2: Human, Optimistic, Welcoming, Irreverent, OTT.

- ITV 3: Human, Optimistic, Welcoming, Classy, Intriguing.

- ITV 4: Human, Optimistic, Welcoming, No Nonsense, Fanatical.

- ITVBe: Human, Optimistic, Welcoming, Gregarious, Gossipy.

- ITVX: Human, Optimistic, Welcoming, Dynamic, Alive.

So the general "mood" is that all of the channels are human, optimistic and welcoming?
Seems so along with each channel/service getting its own moods to set them apart.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Josh - 05-10-2022

Not too sure what "Massive" means for ITV(1). Drake will be featuring in the new idents?