Pres Café
ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV (Wider Group) Branding (/showthread.php?tid=6)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - bkman1990 - 01-11-2022

RXTV had reported yesterday that the HD versions of ITV2/ITV3/ITV4 are going to go FTA on satellite within a matter of hours.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/itv2-3-and-4-hd-to-go-free-to-air

Also there is some more great news that is within the same article above.

"Meanwhile, RXTV understands a number of broadcasters are planning to reduce the number of standard definition channels on satellite, in favour of making HD channels available by default. 16 years after Sky launched its HD service, we may now be on the cusp of a proper HD switchover."

I mean if this news does not give you a 'pinch me' moment right now. What will? 

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Tvfanboy - 01-11-2022

(01-11-2022, 06:14 AM)bkman1990 Wrote:  RXTV had reported yesterday that the HD versions of ITV2/ITV3/ITV4 are going to go FTA on satellite within a matter of hours.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/itv2-3-and-4-hd-to-go-free-to-air

Also there is some more great news that is within the same article above.

"Meanwhile, RXTV understands a number of broadcasters are planning to reduce the number of standard definition channels on satellite, in favour of making HD channels available by default. 16 years after Sky launched its HD service, we may now be on the cusp of a proper HD switchover."

I mean if this news does not give you a 'pinch me' moment right now. What will? 
Do you think we will ever get hd +1 channels?

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Orry Verducci - 01-11-2022

(01-11-2022, 08:46 AM)Tvfanboy Wrote:  Do you think we will ever get hd +1 channels?

Unlikely. If anything there's a good chance broadcasters will start closing +1 channels to free up bandwidth for more HD services.

Broadcasters are generally favouring on demand and "watch from start" services over +1 channels. A good example of what I imagine they're moving to is the Sky Stream/Glass EPG, which is almost entirely HD with no +1 services.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Keith - 01-11-2022

(01-11-2022, 09:07 AM)Orry Verducci Wrote:  
(01-11-2022, 08:46 AM)Tvfanboy Wrote:  Do you think we will ever get hd +1 channels?

Unlikely. If anything there's a good chance broadcasters will start closing +1 channels to free up bandwidth for more HD services.

Broadcasters are generally favouring on demand and "watch from start" services over +1 channels. A good example of what I imagine they're moving to is the Sky Stream/Glass EPG, which is almost entirely HD with no +1 services.
For ITV an argument for closing most of their +1 channels is that it might push people towards their new ITVX service to watch the programme on catchup. Currently on Freeview most of the +1 channels are essentially position squatting, with very limited broadcast hours.

It would also be nice if ITV could push Freeview to convert another mulitplex (or two) to use DVB-T2, so that they could potentially have additional channels in HD.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - JAS84 - 01-11-2022

Seems rather odd that ITV relaunches on Thursday. Would've thought it would be either the 1st of the month (which would've been today), or on the weekend.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - eyeTV - 01-11-2022

I thought the changes were all to coincide with launch of ITVX although nobody really knows when this is, just 'November - before the World Cup'.

The lack of fanfare particularly for ITVX and the odd change of day for launch is making me think everything may be delayed?

mrarg1393 - mrarg1393 - 01-11-2022

(01-11-2022, 07:14 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  I thought the changes were all to coincide with launch of ITVX although nobody really knows when this is, just 'November - before the World Cup'.

The lack of fanfare particularly for ITVX and the odd change of day for launch is making me think everything may be delayed?
I know what you mean. I thought they might have at least started advertising ITVX by now, but nothing. They’re still plugging ITV Hub, although I have noticed on the promos for the World Cup don’t show ITV Hub, just the ITV logo.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - JAS84 - 01-11-2022

Even I'm A Celeb's promos say ITV and ITV Hub. If the relaunch is on Thursday, it should be advertising ITVX, not ITV Hub.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - tomo359 - 01-11-2022

Yeah I thought it's all a bit off. We've hardly had any official wording from ITV themselves about the rebranding since the initial information, and no new updates about ITVX for weeks.
You'd think they would want to be really promoting it, yet even on the various social media pages there is nothing

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - mrarg1393 - 01-11-2022

(01-11-2022, 08:43 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Even I'm A Celeb's promos say ITV and ITV Hub. If the relaunch is on Thursday, it should be advertising ITVX, not ITV Hub.
I can’t remember where I saw it, but I remember seeing a date of 20th November for the launch of ITVX which would be a Sunday… an odd day for a launch personally so not sure whether that’s true or not.