Pres Café
ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV (Wider Group) Branding (/showthread.php?tid=6)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - eyeTV - 03-11-2022

The branding may well be all good to go but I guess it's all intrinsically linked with ITVX and that is going to dictate the pace of things.

It seems a big risk to launch X with an event like the World Cup. But we'll see.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - tomo359 - 03-11-2022

If they are planning to launch before a big evening programme then surely it will be before I'm a Celeb starts on Sunday.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Asa - 03-11-2022

I'd second eyeTV's theory. I doubt they'd build 3 trail templates (ITV + ITV Hub, ITV1 + ITV Hub, ITV1 + ITVX) either.

At the end of the day there's a reason they don't publicly promote launch dates like this, so people can't moan "it didn't happen!!" at them when it doesn't happen. Everyone away from us would have been oblivious to the BBC One delay for example.

Unless there was some dire need to tie a particular show with "ITV1" then they can be fairly relaxed when to launch. Especially if that's linked to a technical overhaul like ITVX, which is probably keeping everyone there very busy.

I'd still want longer than 10 days to road test an app before a major tournament begins though 

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Frances - 03-11-2022

(03-11-2022, 12:14 PM)Intercity225 Wrote:  
(03-11-2022, 11:52 AM)Frances Wrote:  Lots of ppl vandalise TV-related Wikipedia articles without citing a source… It’s annoying. Undecided

i edited it because the sources said it'd change on the 3rd, but it's gone too long to rollback by now
As a former Wikipedian I have to say only content from published sources are allowed on Wikipedia, meaning that Wikipedians should not add unpublicised information, or something from social media and forums into an article - unless it’s announced in an official press release or reported by media organisations…

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - F4C - 03-11-2022

(03-11-2022, 01:12 PM)tomo359 Wrote:  If they are planning to launch before a big evening programme then surely it will be before I'm a Celeb starts on Sunday.
I agree. Could be that ITV1 gets its facelift on Sunday and ITV2/3/4 get theirs on Monday morning. If that’s the case, it could be that until ITVX launches on 20th November that ITV Hub is basically ignored in advertising and that the app isn’t updated to reflect the new branding.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - JAS84 - 03-11-2022

(03-11-2022, 03:41 PM)Frances Wrote:  
(03-11-2022, 12:14 PM)Intercity225 Wrote:  i edited it because the sources said it'd change on the 3rd, but it's gone too long to rollback by now
As a former Wikipedian I have to say only content from published sources are allowed on Wikipedia, meaning that Wikipedians should not add unpublicised information, or something from social media and forums into an article - unless it’s announced in an official press release or reported by media organisations…
Exactly. I saw a Radio Times article used as a citation on the 2022 in British television page for the ITV1 relaunch, but it only said November, not an exact date. No proper source ever said it'd be today. So Wikipedia should only ever have said the month, too.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Tvfanboy - 03-11-2022

(03-11-2022, 01:12 PM)tomo359 Wrote:  If they are planning to launch before a big evening programme then surely it will be before I'm a Celeb starts on Sunday.

That’s what I’m thinking the biggest show on the channel live daily with the two biggest stars saying ITV1 plugging it

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Clean Feed - 03-11-2022

(03-11-2022, 05:01 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  
(03-11-2022, 03:41 PM)Frances Wrote:  As a former Wikipedian I have to say only content from published sources are allowed on Wikipedia, meaning that Wikipedians should not add unpublicised information, or something from social media and forums into an article - unless it’s announced in an official press release or reported by media organisations…
Exactly. I saw a Radio Times article used as a citation on the 2022 in British television page for the ITV1 relaunch, but it only said November, not an exact date. No proper source ever said it'd be today. So Wikipedia should only ever have said the month, too.
"No proper source".

No offence taken.

3rd November was the planned launch date for the brand update. We have firm proof of that (and there are plenty of ITV staffers who also know this). However, circumstances have clearly changed since that date was determined. Plans can change.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - strollfan - 03-11-2022

(03-11-2022, 05:19 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  
(03-11-2022, 05:01 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Exactly. I saw a Radio Times article used as a citation on the 2022 in British television page for the ITV1 relaunch, but it only said November, not an exact date. No proper source ever said it'd be today. So Wikipedia should only ever have said the month, too.
"No proper source".

No offence taken.

3rd November was the planned launch date for the brand update. We have firm proof of that (and there are plenty of ITV staffers who also know this). However, circumstances have clearly changed since that date was determined. Plans can change.
Plans can change, but since that date was never publically confirmed, it should not have been put on Wikipedia. No disrespect to you guys, I'm sure your source is rock solid, but it is not official and therefore doesn't pass Wikipedia standards.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Frances - 03-11-2022

(03-11-2022, 05:19 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  
(03-11-2022, 05:01 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Exactly. I saw a Radio Times article used as a citation on the 2022 in British television page for the ITV1 relaunch, but it only said November, not an exact date. No proper source ever said it'd be today. So Wikipedia should only ever have said the month, too.
"No proper source".

No offence taken.

I think JAS84 is not questioning how reliable the information we’ve got is… It’s just about Wikipedia’s editorial standards on some upcoming events like a rebrand in the future.