Pres Café
ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV (Wider Group) Branding (/showthread.php?tid=6)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Stuart - 04-11-2022

It's always dangerous to just base an opinion on the print or static version of a logo. 

I remember being horrified in September 1998 when Sky revealed the logo for their rebranded movie channel 'Screen 2' as 'Sky Premier' because it looked so basic:

[Image: SPrem-Logo.jpg]

Of course, the actual surrounding pres and idents were perhaps one of the best ever produced by Sky, and still brings a bit of a tear to my eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4hQw4R1nyw 

Source: YouTube/TV Live

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - orange - 05-11-2022

Really looking forward to see where exactly they go with this, it’s definitely different to their current look.

I’m really intrigued to see what they do colour wise. If these are what the channel brands are actually going to be based around, i’m a little worried that the colour combos paired with that font right now are very much the sort of trendy thing you’d see often a couple years ago in design - and that might get dated rather quickly. That’s very me counting the chickens before they’re hatched though.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Lynetwork - 05-11-2022

Honestly I quite like the Be logo. It’s oddly charming

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - BBCChameleonFan - 05-11-2022

(05-11-2022, 12:46 AM)Lynetwork Wrote:  Honestly I quite like the Be logo. It’s oddly charming but 

I can see why you think that. It’s because of the tone of voice ITV Be is going for, which is Human, Optimistic, Welcoming, Gregarious and Gossipy. Also, the logo ain’t as bad as I thought, It looks ok once I get used to it, and ITV 2 is not bad after seeing it a few times. That blue in the background looks a tiny bit purple-ish, but not too close to ITV 3’s colour pallette.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - rick - 05-11-2022

Honestly, I really dislike the numerals font. What is it? Custom? Reem looked far better and a Reem 1 beside the ITV logo would have worked so much better.

I think they'd be better off calling ITV Be 'ITV 5' and be done with it. Or give the other ITV channels names instead of numbers. The ITV Be logo just looks silly.

Interested to see how they animate and apply the Be branding to the channel - right now it is a sorry state though.

I really really detest the itvBe name and this isn’t making me like it any more. Possibly the only channel TumbleTowers would probably come up with a better name for.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - F4C - 05-11-2022

(05-11-2022, 01:01 PM)rick Wrote:  Honestly, I really dislike the numerals font. What is it? Custom? Reem looked far better and a Reem 1 beside the ITV logo would have worked so much better.

I think they'd be better off calling ITV Be 'ITV 5' and be done with it. Or give the other ITV channels names instead of numbers. The ITV Be logo just looks silly.
The Reem font’s on its way out with the rebrand. Looks like they’re adopting the font they use on the ITVX announcement on their socials. 

As for ITVBe, the brand’s well-known by this point so replacing it would be counter-productive. But I do agree with you on the logo- the colours are sound but the logo is vile.

I’ve realised what it’s reminding me of most - it’s giving me sort of Spotify and Amazon Freevee trendy streaming branding vibes, especially the latter.

I don’t know if you’ve all seen the print ads and billboards and things like that (can’t seem to find any pics anywhere, but they’re in train stations and the like) but the colour schemes and typefaces they use are quite similar.

https://twitter.com/amazonfreevee/status/1521278362844467205 

As I said earlier I’m a little worried it might end up being too trendy and need to be refreshed again in a few years if that is the path they’re going down.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - JAS84 - 05-11-2022

(05-11-2022, 04:31 PM)F4C Wrote:  
(05-11-2022, 01:01 PM)rick Wrote:  Honestly, I really dislike the numerals font. What is it? Custom? Reem looked far better and a Reem 1 beside the ITV logo would have worked so much better.

The Reem font’s on its way out with the rebrand. Looks like they’re adopting the font they use on the ITVX announcement on their socials. 

As for ITVBe, the brand’s well-known by this point so replacing it would be counter-productive. But I do agree with you on the logo- the colours are sound but the logo is vile.
Yeah, they should've stuck with normal size Be., not superscript B with a subscript e, and the dot gone entirely.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - L1_ - 05-11-2022

These new logos look like a step backwards IMO from what we've seen so far. The numerals look dated compared to the 2013 logos and the Be logo just looks abit amateur and not as polished as the current logo. Will be interesting to see how it all looks together on screen