Pres Café
ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV (Wider Group) Branding (/showthread.php?tid=6)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - brioalex - 05-11-2022

The new numerals and 'Be' look like they are based on a font called Monotype Grotesque Bold Extended. They are all very similar looking with the number 2 being the exception. Either they are using a custom semi-rounded version of this font or they have designed a new font family that is very similar.

[Image: G3keJo1.png]

Grotesque wide style font's are very on trend at the minute but I do agree that creating an identity based on current trends may age it rapidly when the trend goes out of fashion.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Kunst - 05-11-2022

The logos are fine, except for the concept itself of the numerals and the strange Be exception

I know many think they shouldn't change because they're recognizable brands, but either change ITV Be to ITV5, or change the channels giving them a non-numeral identity

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - JMT1985 - 05-11-2022

(04-11-2022, 08:10 PM)F4C Wrote:  
(04-11-2022, 05:27 PM)mrarg1393 Wrote:  I’ve read that ITN is having a rebrand over the next few months so my guess is they will probably tie it in with this once they’ve had a refresh. I’m guessing they will probably give the studios a bit of a revamp too. Will be good to see a new look though. Think this is one of the longest sets they’ve had in quite a few years.
Can’t wait to see the latest remix of The Awakening lol. 

I can’t remember them using a set this long. It’s been a good package but time for a refresh I think. One element I hope they carry over- in the regional news intros, the images of the region and landmarks and that. Hopefully they don’t go for a “one fits all” generic intro.

One of the benefits ITV News have is that they use a green screen virtual studio, so refreshing it is nearly all done on computer and not much physical changes needed, except the news desk area. 

This is the longest time ITV News have used one news set. They used the old phrase "if it aint broke, don't fix it" - but now it is coming close to being a decade old, that excuse is not acceptable now. 

What I expect is to see a new newsroom backdrop to the set, change in colours, lighting, graphics and a little new twist on the news theme. Nothing major.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - LiamFitz - 05-11-2022

(05-11-2022, 08:26 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  
(04-11-2022, 08:10 PM)F4C Wrote:  Can’t wait to see the latest remix of The Awakening lol. 

I can’t remember them using a set this long. It’s been a good package but time for a refresh I think. One element I hope they carry over- in the regional news intros, the images of the region and landmarks and that. Hopefully they don’t go for a “one fits all” generic intro.

One of the benefits ITV News have is that they use a green screen virtual studio, so refreshing it is nearly all done on computer and not much physical changes needed, except the news desk area. 

This is the longest time ITV News have used one news set. They used the old phrase "if it aint broke, don't fix it" - but now it is coming close to being a decade old, that excuse is not acceptable now. 

What I expect is to see a new newsroom backdrop to the set, change in colours, lighting, graphics and a little new twist on the news theme. Nothing major.

Is this all speculation? Or has it been confirmed that ITV News will be refreshed? I thought it was only changes to the logo that were happening..?

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - JMT1985 - 05-11-2022

(05-11-2022, 09:28 PM)LiamFitz Wrote:  
(05-11-2022, 08:26 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  One of the benefits ITV News have is that they use a green screen virtual studio, so refreshing it is nearly all done on computer and not much physical changes needed, except the news desk area. 

Is this all speculation? Or has it been confirmed that ITV News will be refreshed? I thought it was only changes to the logo that were happening..?

My comment was what I would like to see them do of they do have a refresh of their ITV News presentation - No confirmation of an ITV News refresh, but considering it will reach 10 years old in January 2023, it seems fairly likely a refresh will take place, as a decade is a long time to keep one news presentation.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - all new phil - 05-11-2022

Literally doesn’t need a refresh.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Affogato - 06-11-2022

Let's keep the ITV News discussion for the ITV News thread.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - chaose - 06-11-2022

(05-11-2022, 06:12 PM)brioalex Wrote:  The new numerals and 'Be' look like they are based on a font called Monotype Grotesque Bold Extended. They are all very similar looking with the number 2 being the exception.
I dont' mean to be rude, but I don't think that's it. MT Grotesque Bold Extended may be the same general style of font, but the geometry is quite different. Take a look at the arm on the 1, the crossbar on the 3 or the angle on the 4. Just to name a few key differences.

(05-11-2022, 06:12 PM)brioalex Wrote:  Grotesque wide style font's are very on trend at the minute but I do agree that creating an identity based on current trends may age it rapidly when the trend goes out of fashion.
Completely agree with you here :-)

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - mrarg1393 - 06-11-2022

I have a feeling ITV may start advertising or at least some teasers for ITVX during I’m a celeb tonight… obviously nothing confirmed of course but it’s one of their biggest shows so it would make sense… even just to say coming soon… especially if it’s due to launch in 2 weeks! They advertise shows sometimes a month in advance!

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - brioalex - 06-11-2022

(06-11-2022, 01:40 PM)chaose Wrote:  
(05-11-2022, 06:12 PM)brioalex Wrote:  The new numerals and 'Be' look like they are based on a font called Monotype Grotesque Bold Extended. They are all very similar looking with the number 2 being the exception.
I dont' mean to be rude, but I don't think that's it. MT Grotesque Bold Extended may be the same general style of font, but the geometry is quite different. Take a look at the arm on the 1, the crossbar on the 3 or the angle on the 4. Just to name a few key differences.

(05-11-2022, 06:12 PM)brioalex Wrote:  Grotesque wide style font's are very on trend at the minute but I do agree that creating an identity based on current trends may age it rapidly when the trend goes out of fashion.
Completely agree with you here :-)
I'm not saying it is MT Grotesque Bold Extended but I do think whichever font family they have created in-house has been heavily influenced by it. 

The 3 numeral and 'Be' is suspiciously close...

[color=#ffffff][font='Proxima Nova Regular', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][Image: 7aqVP7M.jpg][/font][/color]