Pres Café
ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV (Wider Group) Branding (/showthread.php?tid=6)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - JMT1985 - 10-11-2022

Why would they chose a Tuesday to reveal their new brand identity? Surely a Monday would be a better starting point?

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Clean Feed - 10-11-2022

(10-11-2022, 05:00 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Why would they chose a Tuesday to reveal their new brand identity?  Surely a Monday would be a better starting point?
As in many organisations, when it comes to implementing anything new, there are various operational considerations at play.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Keith - 10-11-2022

(10-11-2022, 05:05 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  
(10-11-2022, 05:00 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Why would they chose a Tuesday to reveal their new brand identity?  Surely a Monday would be a better starting point?
As in many organisations, when it comes to implementing anything new, there are various operational considerations at play.
Presumably for similar reasons why BBC have opted for using Tuesdays on a number of occasions.

In theory it means that they don't have to pay for additional staff to come in (or be on standby) on Sunday to make final checks and switchover stuff. By waiting it until Tuesday they can do these tasks on the Monday when those staff are normally on site. Similarly third-party companies/support is more likely to be available on Monday and Tuesday, compared to on a Sunday.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Allanbuzzy - 11-11-2022

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/itv-becomes-itv1-on-15th-november 

ITV has finally confirmed the 15th of November as the date when ITV reverts back to ITV1, coinciding with the recent addition of ITV2 HD, ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD on Freesat.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Stuart - 12-11-2022

(11-11-2022, 02:59 PM)Allanbuzzy Wrote:  ITV has finally confirmed the 15th of November as the date when ITV reverts back to ITV1, coinciding with the recent addition of ITV2 HD, ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD on Freesat.
It will be sad to see the 'cut out' pres go, as I think it's been versitile and very good on screen.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - pad - 13-11-2022

Not long to go now til the rebrand!

As Clean Feed confirmed the ITV Reem font is being replaced, I wonder if this will extend to the programme end credits. The 2013 rebrand was very comprehensive and ITV's brand guidelines at the time were updated to instruct programme makers with a 52 page guideline document.

[Image: itv-brand-guide-credits-2.jpg]
[Image: itv-brand-guide-credits-3.jpg]

It will be interesting to see if end credits update on Tuesday to use the new corporate font(s). Reem is also used for the writer/director credits over the first scenes of Coronation Street.

I'd love them to give programme makers a bit more flexibility over their end credits so everything isn't so generic. ITV are the only network which do this I think, and I've always found it rather bland.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - JAS84 - 13-11-2022

Corrie's writer/director credits should really be in the show's font, not the channel's - the font Emmerdale uses is the same one from it's logo, that's what Corrie should do.

And yeah, Channel 4 and the BBC just insist on it being left aligned for their right aligned EPGs. Fonts and backgrounds are different for each show. ITV can insist on the centered format, but fonts and backgrounds shouldn't be generic. It's not just other British networks that don't do it, I never see the ITV style on imports either. There is one Simpsons episode that parodies the generic credits concept, but that's just parodying the network (FOX) replacing the credits to do an EPG, rather than the programme being made with generic credits.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - JustJamie - 13-11-2022

(13-11-2022, 12:16 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Corrie's writer/director credits should really be in the show's font, not the channel's - the font Emmerdale uses is the same one from it's logo, that's what Corrie should do.

And yeah, Channel 4 and the BBC just insist on it being left aligned for their right aligned EPGs. Fonts and backgrounds are different for each show. ITV can insist on the centered format, but fonts and backgrounds shouldn't be generic. It's not just other British networks that don't do it, I never see the ITV style on imports either. There is one Simpsons episode that parodies the generic credits concept, but that's just parodying the network (FOX) replacing the credits to do an EPG, rather than the programme being made with generic credits.
Highly agree with you on this. 

It highly baffles me why Corrie then switched to the channel's font not long after the 2013-revamp to ITV, but not Emmerdale. One can hope with the impending revamp to the branding this week (hopefully) that Corrie switches back to the show's font... but somehow I doubt it. I'm happy to be proved wrong.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - TVenthusiasm - 13-11-2022

Apologies if this is not pres-related, but I noticed when I was watching ITV twice today, that at the end of the last promo before the show returns, the promo seems to be faded out and the sponsorship ad suddenly comes on. Is this some sort of error only with the main ITV channel perhaps, or is this happening to the other ITV channels as well?

Here's the video:
https://up.metropol247.co.uk/TVenthusiasm2/itvfadeout.webm 

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - ACTV - 13-11-2022

(13-11-2022, 06:46 PM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  Apologies if this is not pres-related, but I noticed when I was watching ITV twice today, that at the end of the last promo before the show returns, the promo seems to be faded out and the sponsorship ad suddenly comes on. Is this some sort of error only with the main ITV channel perhaps, or is this happening to the other ITV channels as well?

Here's the video:
https://up.metropol247.co.uk/TVenthusiasm2/itvfadeout.webm 
They've been doing it for a whole now. I've only ever seen it in use on ITV1.