Pres Café
ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV (Wider Group) Branding (/showthread.php?tid=6)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Clean Feed - 13-11-2022

(13-11-2022, 06:46 PM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  Apologies if this is not pres-related, but I noticed when I was watching ITV twice today, that at the end of the last promo before the show returns, the promo seems to be faded out and the sponsorship ad suddenly comes on. Is this some sort of error only with the main ITV channel perhaps, or is this happening to the other ITV channels as well?

Here's the video:
https://up.metropol247.co.uk/TVenthusiasm2/itvfadeout.webm 
Just because ITV usually cuts to black doesn't mean a fade to black is a fault.

ITV does occasionally use a fade rather than cut to black.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Kojak - 13-11-2022

(13-11-2022, 09:23 AM)pad Wrote:  I'd love them to give programme makers a bit more flexibility over their end credits so everything isn't so generic. ITV are the only network which do this I think, and I've always found it rather bland.

They’ve done this since the tail end of the Hearts, have they not? I well remember the coloured smoky bars on the right hand side of the screen. Even ITV News used it for a short time. I sadly can’t see them dropping generic credits - though I do agree with you that they should.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Hybrid - 13-11-2022

(13-11-2022, 06:46 PM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  Apologies if this is not pres-related, but I noticed when I was watching ITV twice today, that at the end of the last promo before the show returns, the promo seems to be faded out and the sponsorship ad suddenly comes on. Is this some sort of error only with the main ITV channel perhaps, or is this happening to the other ITV channels as well?

Here's the video:
That is pretty normal. They usually use it during primetime and when ending simulcasts like CITV.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Larry the Loafer - 13-11-2022

I've seen them fade from black into a sponsor from time to time. A very pleasant change from their usual crash-to-black transitions.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Hybrid - 13-11-2022

ITVX teaser just popped up at the end of The Larkins. It was the same one used in the 'It’s coming' YouTube video except with the inclusion of sound and text saying ‘Streaming Soon'.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Orry Verducci - 13-11-2022

(13-11-2022, 07:07 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  

Here's the video:
Just because ITV usually cuts to black doesn't mean a fade to black is a fault.

It's worth noting that the cut to black following promotions and idents are only there for the benefit of STV. ITV Pres don't insert them on junctions in to programmes that STV aren't taking, or on the other ITV channels.

There's a small delay on the network feed in to STV, so the black 'event' provides a clean in point for STV TX without a flash of the network (ITV branded) ident/promotion making it to air.

However these days the feeds out of ITV all go over an IP network with a delay of only a few frames, which they recently migrated to an enhanced network called "Meganet". Since then Pres have started using fades to black, presumably as they're deemed safe now and look slightly nicer.

The exception to this is the junction during the Lorraine show where STV leave the "dirty" ITV branded feed and switch back to STV branded output. That feed is delayed by an additional couple seconds as it leaves ITV Pres further down the playout chain, so they cut to black with a long pregnant pause to allow STV to cleanly switch feeds and effectively jump back a couple seconds.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - denton - 14-11-2022

(13-11-2022, 11:38 PM)Orry Verducci Wrote:  
(13-11-2022, 07:07 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  Just because ITV usually cuts to black doesn't mean a fade to black is a fault.

It's worth noting that the cut to black following promotions and idents are only there for the benefit of STV. ITV Pres don't insert them on junctions in to programmes that STV aren't taking, or on the other ITV channels.

There's a small delay on the network feed in to STV, so the black 'event' provides a clean in point for STV TX without a flash of the network (ITV branded) ident/promotion making it to air.

However these days the feeds out of ITV all go over an IP network with a delay of only a few frames, which they recently migrated to an enhanced network called "Meganet". Since then Pres have started using fades to black, presumably as they're deemed safe now and look slightly nicer.

The exception to this is the junction during the Lorraine show where STV leave the "dirty" ITV branded feed and switch back to STV branded output. That feed is delayed by an additional couple seconds as it leaves ITV Pres further down the playout chain, so they cut to black with a long pregnant pause to allow STV to cleanly switch feeds and effectively jump back a couple seconds.
It's years since I've watched STV. 

Presumably the ITV feed to them is clean of announcer and credit squeeze so that STV can add their own credit squeezes and voiceovers. 

So why don't ITV just go the whole hog and provide a programmes-only clean feed to STV instead? It's not that difficult to achieve, BBC One and Two network provide a programmes-only clean feed for the Nations and it works very well.

Is there some benefit to ITV in that feed having promos and idents on it?

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Larry the Loafer - 14-11-2022

It's oddly nice to know that, 20 years after regional identities ended on ITV, there are still bits of that original setup affecting its presentation.

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Ash101 - 14-11-2022

So does STV have ITV branded Promos etc the 6 till 9:25 bit?

RE: ITV (Wider Group) Branding - Stuart - 14-11-2022

(14-11-2022, 12:25 AM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  It's oddly nice to know that, 20 years after regional identities ended on ITV, there are still bits of that original setup affecting its presentation.
Only if you think of Channel 3 as being 2 different 'regions'.

They are simply two companies: ITV and STV sharing much output, with the latter maintaining an identity seperate from the main source of their material.