Pres Café
Good Morning Britain - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Good Morning Britain (/showthread.php?tid=60)

RE: Good Morning Britain - CF1 - 04-01-2023

Looks like a bad ratings day for BBC Breakfast then.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Skygeek - 04-01-2023

(04-01-2023, 01:53 PM)CF1 Wrote:  Looks like a bad ratings day for BBC Breakfast then.

How can one possibly know that without quoting the BBC's figures, or indeed knowing whether people who mightn't have watched the BBC *definitely* watched ITV as a direct result instead?

RE: Good Morning Britain - Andrew - 04-01-2023

Whenever GMB or anyone associated with it post that they’ve had good ratings, the editor of BBC Breakfast usually tweets their own boast, usually something about them being the number 1 breakfast show

RE: Good Morning Britain - Skygeek - 04-01-2023

(04-01-2023, 07:23 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Whenever GMB or anyone associated with it post that they’ve had good ratings, the editor of BBC Breakfast usually tweets their own boast, usually something about them being the number 1 breakfast show

Yeah, the difference there, though, is there are numbers to back it up. This is just the same sort of posting as we used to see on the old forum(s) when Mr Flouncypants would tweet about his occasionally good GMB ratings and a forum poster would declare it the greatest humiliation since the fall of the Roman Empire for BBC Breakfast.

EDITED TO ADD: This is not meant as a criticism of what you posted, Andrew, but rather, of what came before it. Just thought I should clarify that.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Spencer - 16-01-2023

A minor observation, but it’s only just occurred to me that the ITV1 DOG is no longer in the top-right of the screen during GMB, and is now in the standard top-left position.

The Live/location graphic appears to have been moved slightly to accommodate this.

I’m guessing this has been the case since the beginning of the year.

RE: Good Morning Britain - gav - 16-01-2023

(16-01-2023, 11:08 AM)Spencer Wrote:  A minor observation, but it’s only just occurred to me that the ITV1 DOG is no longer in the top-right of the screen during GMB, and is now in the standard top-left position.

The Live/location graphic appears to have been moved slightly to accommodate this.

I’m guessing this has been the case since the beginning of the year.

One thing I never understood was the hashtag in the bottom corner used to animate between that and the ITV logo. I always thought they’d done it so the channel DOG could then be turned off during GMB, to tidy up the graphics overall. But that never happened - we had the ITV logo in both corners. Then when the channel rebranded to ITV1 the logo in the bottom left was dropped and now it’s just a static hashtag. A missed opportunity to incorporate the ITV DOG into the lower thirds (like they do in the states) I thought.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Spencer - 01-02-2023

Nice to see a couple of TV-am mugs on the desk this morning, on what is Good Morning Britain’s (sort of) 40th birthday.  Big Grin

Edit: and the original Good Morning Britain titles out of the break, before a few memories with Lorraine.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Andrew - 01-02-2023

Pretty low key coverage of the 40th anniversary as I’d expect

Unless they could find an angle to get two people with vastly opposite views on air to argue and generate a click bait clip, GMB wouldn’t give it too much coverage

RE: Good Morning Britain - agentsquash - 02-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 11:18 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Pretty low key coverage of the 40th anniversary as I’d expect

Unless they could find an angle to get two people with vastly opposite views on air to argue and generate a click bait clip, GMB wouldn’t give it too much coverage

To be fair, they’ve even made Matt Hancock walking into the studio go viral on TikTok.

RE: Good Morning Britain - CF1 - 03-02-2023

MOD EDIT: misleading post and tweet link removed.