Pres Café
Good Morning Britain - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Good Morning Britain (/showthread.php?tid=60)

RE: Good Morning Britain - EJnutz - 26-02-2023

I am not impressed with the line up they have had with the exception of Robert Rinder. There are plenty of presenters available to choose from and plenty who are agreeable to the viewers. I think Ben Brown would be a good addition

RE: Good Morning Britain - Stuart - 15-03-2023

[align=left]Rather an odd design of sofa on GMB which lacks any support underneath if you happen to sit at either end.  Tongue [/align]
[align=left][Image: GMB-Sofa-15-03-23.jpg][/align]

RE: Good Morning Britain - UTVLifer - 15-03-2023

The sofa has been like that ever since the move to TVC, though I think the sofa has been used more in the last 6-9 months or so than it had in the previously 3 and a bit years since the move into TC3

RE: Good Morning Britain - JasonB - 15-03-2023

(15-03-2023, 10:06 AM)Stuart Wrote:  [align=left]Rather an odd design of sofa on GMB which lacks any support underneath if you happen to sit at either end.  Tongue [/align]
[align=left][Image: GMB-Sofa-15-03-23.jpg][/align]

Seems to be missing a credenza. Wink

RE: Good Morning Britain - Stuart - 16-03-2023

I wasn't sure where to post this, as it's more Lorraine than GMB, but it's just a couple of screen grabs I managed to get of the back of her set in TC2 from yesterday's programme as she was introducing Anneka Rice.

I guess that sliding LED split screen is the same as used for Martin Lewis' show (sans sliding effect), and I guess it's just hidden for Loose Women and Peston?  TC2 seems like a versitile studio considering much of the set/sets are with fixed elements.

[Image: L-15-03-23-2.jpg]
[Image: L-15-03-23-1.jpg]
[Image: L-15-03-23-3.jpg]

RE: Good Morning Britain - Andrew - 20-03-2023

(26-02-2023, 06:51 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Are we finally going to have a permanent co-host for Susanna this year? It seems mad that nearly two years (!!!) since Piers Morgan flounced off set, the producers are still persisting with these guest hosts. I don't think any other breakfast show in the world does this. I'm sorry, but I don't think the triumvirate of Ed Balls, Alastair Campbell and Adil Ray quite cut it.
I’d say Ed Balls is basically the main co host now

Besides the occasional weeks that Richard Madeley does, it seems Ed Balls is on every week now

RE: Good Morning Britain - lepeterrr - 20-03-2023

(20-03-2023, 08:20 PM)Andrew Wrote:  
(26-02-2023, 06:51 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Are we finally going to have a permanent co-host for Susanna this year? It seems mad that nearly two years (!!!) since Piers Morgan flounced off set, the producers are still persisting with these guest hosts. I don't think any other breakfast show in the world does this. I'm sorry, but I don't think the triumvirate of Ed Balls, Alastair Campbell and Adil Ray quite cut it.
I’d say Ed Balls is basically the main co host now

Besides the occasional weeks that Richard Madeley does, it seems Ed Balls is on every week now
They may aswell just announce it now, and rotate Balls & Madeley every term, etc.

RE: Good Morning Britain - all new phil - 20-03-2023

Seems to be Ed Balls on whenever I tune in. They’ve also featured him in their trailers a fair bit recently.

I think he’s really good but I get the impression not many here share that opinion.

I suspect they’re quite happy with their current setup with a variety of presenters, I would guess there isn’t currently an active hunt for a main host.

RE: Good Morning Britain - DavidWhitfield - 20-03-2023

They do seem to be utilising Ed more and more.

I think Ed Balls is fine, but... only fine. He's like a rich tea biscuit - perfectly serviceable and does the job well enough, but I wouldn't go out and rave about it.

Madeley is undeniably a better headline-grabber, but maybe that's no longer (post-Piers) what they're going for.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Josh - 20-03-2023

(20-03-2023, 10:03 PM)DavidWhitfield Wrote:  They do seem to be utilising Ed more and more.

I think Ed Balls is fine, but... only fine. He's like a rich tea biscuit - perfectly serviceable and does the job well enough, but I wouldn't go out and rave about it.

Madeley is undeniably a better headline-grabber, but maybe that's no longer (post-Piers) what they're going for.

Ed Balls