Pres Café
Good Morning Britain - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Good Morning Britain (/showthread.php?tid=60)

RE: Good Morning Britain - Milkshake - 24-07-2023

ITV will either claw it back over a few weekends with some films. It would make more sence to give ITV the full run of ITV datytime from 6am - 1.30 over a course of a week. There is no ident and thus most people will not notice.

RE: Good Morning Britain - JamesWorldNews - 12-08-2023

Presenter shake-up at GMB:

Duncan James to join the programme.

RE: Good Morning Britain - matthew - 12-08-2023

(12-08-2023, 09:00 AM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Presenter shake-up at GMB:

Guest entertainment editor covering for Richard Arnold to be clear

RE: Good Morning Britain - Andrew - 12-08-2023

(12-08-2023, 09:00 AM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Presenter shake-up at GMB:

The Daily Express have been on, you start on Monday

RE: Good Morning Britain - AaronTV - 03-09-2023

Wonder if we’ll get any tweaks tomorrow (though I suspect not!). The current ‘sliding blocks’ look has been around since Piers left I believe, with only very minor changes since then - must be one of the longest they’ve consistently kept a look and stuck to it.

I’ve said before that I personally think anything they’ve done in the last five years or so ended up making the graphics more outdated than the ones they replaced, leaving a real mishmash of the original look.

It’s also quite something to think that they have now been at TVC longer than they ever were in the TLS. Other than the desk, the studio itself has been pretty much untouched in that time. Loose Women has had a whole new second set since then, and Lorraine (which was probably the big winner from the move to TVC) have refreshed their set.

I would personally quite like to see the back of the awful (still) oversized desk for something a bit friendlier in the morning’s, and a new sofa, as I don’t think that was ever quite right when they started at TVC.

Indeed, I think Erron Gordon is on record having said he came to hate the sofa. After ditching it for a long time over the pandemic it still seems to be going strong - albeit on wooden blocks and with whoever is sat camera left trying not to tip off the edge of it!

RE: Good Morning Britain - fanoftv - 03-09-2023

The original desk in the TVC studio was beautiful, with the option of adding the extra wings to lengthen it. The mega desk worked for covid restrictions, but it still seems clunky and not fitting with the curves of the rest of the set. Despite being larger and more modern, I still prefer the 2014 launch set in TLS. The space was used marvellously, whereas I feel there are lots of wasted areas in the current set. Compare how This Morning use their half of the studio to GMB.

I assume any change to the structure of the set will fall in line with any change to This Morning’s. The issue is where would they relocate whilst work took place?

RE: Good Morning Britain - PATV Scunthorpe - 03-09-2023

(03-09-2023, 10:46 AM)AaronTV Wrote:  Wonder if we’ll get any tweaks tomorrow (though I suspect not!).

Maybe a small something…
https://twitter.com/stuart_earl/status/1698344057255100677 

RE: Good Morning Britain - Brekkie - 03-09-2023

At least Erron going has stopped the tinkering every 5 minutes. Taking out the megadesk would give them quite a bit of room to do something different, but they'll probably just stick a much smaller desk in there which will now look ridiculous in the space.

To be honest the way GMB has gone in recent years they should probably put a boxing ring in the middle.

RE: Good Morning Britain - mouseboy33 - 03-09-2023

Well if GMB does get a new set, I hope its not another boring-samey Jago set. Something with interest and texture is nice change from the usual ITV, BBC, Ch4 sets. I liked the GMB launch set. Agreed the COVID desk was a neccesity. But over the set has held up over years with a few tweaks. Its time for a refresh of the set and graphics. Wish they didnt mess with the music and launch VO-guy.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Upload TV - 03-09-2023

Hopefully they get rid of the ‘Mega Desk’ in my opinion it’s just too big which makes it look tacky. Not to mention the horrendous split screen they do during debates because the desk is too big to fit them all into the one shot.