Pres Café
Good Morning Britain - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Good Morning Britain (/showthread.php?tid=60)

RE: Good Morning Britain - fanoftv - 03-09-2023

(03-09-2023, 07:34 PM)Upload TV Wrote:  Hopefully they get rid of the ‘Mega Desk’ in my opinion it’s just too big which makes it look tacky. Not to mention the horrendous split screen they do during debates because the desk is too big to fit them all into the one shot.

Along with the desk, I’d like to see them get rid of debates 😆

RE: Good Morning Britain - Spencer - 03-09-2023

(03-09-2023, 07:36 PM)fanoftv Wrote:  Along with the desk, I’d like to see them get rid of debates 😆
It’s the contrived nature of the debates that gets me - a made up issue that has troubled literally nobody ever, being debated by two people who were clearly only asked the day before if they’d be able to come up with an opinion on it. It’s painful to watch.

That said, I had thought maybe of contacting them to offer my services. I’d be happy to debate ‘Should we ban ice cream vans?’, ‘Is it wrong to wear socks?’, or ‘Is is okay to eat your pets?’ for a few quid.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Andrew - 03-09-2023

“Is it ok to propose to your partner at someone else’s wedding” was one last week

RE: Good Morning Britain - Spencer - 03-09-2023

(03-09-2023, 08:33 PM)Andrew Wrote:  “Is it ok to propose to your partner at someone else’s wedding” was one last week
‘Should we ban the phrase “Should we ban”?” Here’s someone who came fifth on The Apprentice, and a Kiss FM swing presenter to debate this.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Richard H - 04-09-2023

Another awful refresh of the graphics but people will be pleased that all the moving rectangles have gone

Huge block on the screen for the headlines

Same music as before

The clock has moved to the right of the screen which feels odd and logo text is on the screen with no background to it

A real step back in terms of presentation in my view

Any design elements have been replaced with boring rectangles that go the full length of the screen

Graphic info scrolls up

The story slugs are now in the main block on the left of the screen with the story info next to it which can be squished if needed to fit more than a few words in

New wipes

On the news summary they no longer display the story headline on the big screen and only use 1 screen in the studio with the correspondent on where as before all the other screens would show images relevant to that story. Now they show a slightly animated itv news logo colour background which makes the area look a bit dull

No other changes to the studio at all

RE: Good Morning Britain - Ben Shatliff - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 06:26 AM)Richard H Wrote:  A real step back in terms of presentation in my view

Any design elements have been replaced with boring rectangles that go the full length of the screen

Graphic info scrolls up

The story slugs are now in the main block on the left of the screen with the story info next to it which can be squished if needed to fit more than a few words in

New wipes

On the news summary they no longer display the story headline on the big screen and only use 1 screen in the studio with the correspondent on where as before all the other screens would show images relevant to that story. Now they show a slightly animated itv news logo colour background which makes the area look a bit dull

No other changes to the studio at all
On my way to work but will watch later. 

Which three are presenting today?

RE: Good Morning Britain - TJTSW - 04-09-2023

Cant agree more, the lower thirds are a real mess, and not liking the full across the screen, as you say the blank greeney screens why?
the Live bug hasn't changed either so you got a mix of old and the smack in your face new .... seems like BBC news

Maybe this is temp thing with all the other screens not in use, maybe there are bigger changes on the way with regards to the studio? which may tie in with this morning?

(04-09-2023, 06:31 AM)Ben Shatliff Wrote:  On my way to work but will watch later. 

Which three are presenting today?

Susanna Reid with Ed Balls & Ranvir is on the newsreader slot today

Susanna and Ed are sat closer together as they want to put the pandemic behind them - directors decision

RE: Good Morning Britain - Hemsright - 04-09-2023

Unpopular opinion but I think the graphics are better than the old graphics, I think the gradients look amazing and the colours look less plastic-ey. looks more vivid and better, I dont like how they copied Sky News with the straps however, other than that it's very nice.