Pres Café
Good Morning Britain - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Good Morning Britain (/showthread.php?tid=60)

RE: Good Morning Britain - mrarg1393 - 04-09-2023

The presentation reminds me of Sky News current look, especially with the story headers and the info next to it. I do wonder whether this could be an early look at a possible new ITV News new on screen presentation look… especially for the headlines when they do eventually refresh their look. Not with the scrolling news ticker but more of the headlines.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Brekkie - 04-09-2023

Actually think it all looks pretty neat. First thought is ditching the on screen blob is a mistake but it actually works quite well and the graphics are very neat and tidy - simple and nothing original but look good and easy to read. Essentially the same as Sky but much more legible.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Richard H - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 07:07 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Actually think it all looks pretty neat.  First thought it ditching the on screen blob is a mistake but it actually works quite well and the graphics are very neat and tidy - simple and nothing original but look good and easy to read.  Essentially the same as Sky but much more legible.

Simple but very boring which seems to be the way everyone is going these days. 

The graphics across the board on UK news have gone from getting smaller and smaller and smaller to back in time 15 years where everything is huge again

The huge block during the headlines taking up 1/5 of the screen looks awful

The name straps of the presenters are huge 

So much wasted space all just so they can fit the logo text on the strap

I stopped watching the programme 6 months ago as I can't stand most of the presenters anymore and the constant shouting matches - sorry debates but thought id check to see what new things were about today. Time to switch off again

RE: Good Morning Britain - Cashton06 - 04-09-2023

I’m not a huge fan of it all tbh, i liked the background with the bars on because it now looks a little empty without them, the main lowers look too chunky imo, I also think it’s time for them to look into some new music as this one has stood thr test of time imo

And the live tag remains unchanged

RE: Good Morning Britain - Spencer - 04-09-2023

I quite like it. I didn’t like how previously they made the ticker full width whilst the straps weren’t full width. This feels a bit more balanced.

The white text on yellow/orange background for the clock lacks a bit of contrast, but otherwise no complaints.

I’m surprised they haven’t used this as an opportunity to switch to the new ITV font, but it doesn’t look like Reem is going anywhere in a hurry.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Pip - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 07:18 AM)Cashton06 Wrote:  I’m not a huge fan of it all tbh, i liked the background with the bars on because it now looks a little empty without them, the main lowers look too chunky imo, I also think it’s time for them to look into some new music as this one has stood thr test of time imo

And the live tag remains unchanged

I agree the music has stood the test of time so therefore doesn’t need changing. It’s a banger frankly. I’m having trouble seeing the time at a glance, the background colour is a bit too pale.

RE: Good Morning Britain - DeMarkay - 04-09-2023

ITV Reem is an absolute mess. Time to get rid of it.

RE: Good Morning Britain - mrarg1393 - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 07:22 AM)Spencer Wrote:  I’m surprised they haven’t used this as an opportunity to switch to the new ITV font, but it doesn’t look like Reem is going anywhere in a hurry.

My guess is they will probably wait until ITV News eventually adopt that font on their on screen presentation. I’m surprised it hasn’t been done sooner since they’ve been using it on the ITV News Website/app since last year, but then again it will make sense to just wait for a full refresh for then to do it. But then ITV are still using Reem for the end credits on all their programmes so I think it’s here to stay for a while yet.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Brekkie - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 07:25 AM)DeMarkay Wrote:  ITV Reem is an absolute mess. Time to get rid of it.
What you meant to say is "I don't like the font and would prefer it to be replaced".

ITV Reem is clear and legible and frankly far superior to most of what I've seen in the new package.   It does the job nicely - even if it's a bit safe and boring perhaps.   It is anything but a mess.

RE: Good Morning Britain - TMD_24 - 04-09-2023

Thought I accidentally tuned into Sky Sports News looking at that gigantic strap. 😳