Pres Café
Good Morning Britain - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Good Morning Britain (/showthread.php?tid=60)

RE: Good Morning Britain - Brekkie - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 11:37 AM)radiorebel Wrote:  Overall I quite like the new graphics, if anything I wish they had gone full revamp with it so that everything matches, getting rid of the logo shape that has been in use since 2014.

They just need a few tweaks, especially getting rid of the white text GMB logo which is unreadable without a background, not sure how that passed the testing stage.

It rarely appears without a background from what I saw other than during tge weather, where it was perfectly legible.

RE: Good Morning Britain - James - 04-09-2023

The new diagonal wipes are nice, and I prefer these over the sliding horizontal blocks which looked unnatural.

Can't say I'm a fan of the main graphics though. They take up too much space on the screen, and seem like change for the sake of change, rather than an improvement.

The use of the 'Good Morning Britain' wordmark is an interesting one too. Means that the show now has two logos. Weakens the brand in my view.

(04-09-2023, 11:04 AM)Upload TV Wrote:  
Here’s that new sting that premiered today

The bed heard here has been around for a while - seems like they've added a new sting that blends into it. The music itself sounds alright, but it certainly is a bit dramatic for breakfast time!

RE: Good Morning Britain - Stuart - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 07:18 AM)Cashton06 Wrote:  I’m not a huge fan of it all tbh, i liked the background with the bars on because it now looks a little empty without them, the main lowers look too chunky imo, I also think it’s time for them to look into some new music as this one has stood thr test of time imo

And the live tag remains unchanged
I'm not a fan either. Why move the clock, and why dilute the brand with a wordmark?

I never like the coloured bars, mainly because it instantly reminded me of the TV-am logo.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Admin PC - 04-09-2023

Mock content has been removed from this thread.

We remind posters that there is a zero tolerance policy on this forum regarding mocks. No ifs or buts. No exceptions. No mocks!

RE: Good Morning Britain - radiorebel - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 12:33 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  It rarely appears without a background from what I saw other than during tge weather, where it was perfectly legible.

I disagree, I saw the likes of this appear multiple times this morning, in from every break and the top of every hour.

https://up.metropol247.co.uk/Alexhduk/IMG_1639.png 

RE: Good Morning Britain - BroadcastWales - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 11:04 AM)Upload TV Wrote:  
Here’s that new sting that premiered today
I'm pretty sure I've heard that sting before today.  There was a music sting at 08:30 this morning which I'd never heard before.

RE: Good Morning Britain - interestednovice - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 02:20 PM)radiorebel Wrote:  I disagree, I saw the likes of this appear multiple times this morning, in from every break and the top of every hour.

https://up.metropol247.co.uk/Alexhduk/IMG_1639.png 

The TOTH is arguably the most important part of the broadcast, where from a branding perspective you really need the name of the programme to be clear.

The background-less and generic wordmark is just not working very well in that shot. That’s not to say it couldn’t be made to work, but it does need tweaking.

As pointed out by others, though, the previous logo was very recognisable and why dilute your branding with effectively a “second logo” in the form of a generic wordmark?

RE: Good Morning Britain - gav - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 03:38 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  As pointed out by others, though, the previous logo was very recognisable and why dilute your branding with effectively a “second logo” in the form of a generic wordmark?

I can't imagine the logo that sits in the corner of the screen throughout the programme is only a "second logo" - going by it now changing on social media too, I imagine it's going to become the only logo before long.

Also for anyone wondering how they're handling the changing of the colour of the logo when a strap appears, these stills may offer some explanation. Note the extra white 1px line at the top.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Brekkie - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 03:38 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  The TOTH is arguably the most important part of the broadcast, where from a branding perspective you really need the name of the programme to be clear.

The background-less and generic wordmark is just not working very well in that shot. That’s not to say it couldn’t be made to work, but it does need tweaking.

As pointed out by others, though, the previous logo was very recognisable and why dilute your branding with effectively a “second logo” in the form of a generic wordmark?

At the top of the hour the logo is front and centre on the screen and then perfectly clear in the minute or so prior to the straps appearing.   I get why they've dropped the blob - think this look wouldn't work with it (though agree the ditching of a recognisable logo is a brave call).   Adding a shadow or outline to the wordmark will just end up looking awful - ultimately it doesn't particularly matter if it occassionally vanishes on a white backdrop as long as that isn't frequently the case.    I'm yet to see anyone provide a cap where that has happened.

As for the size of the astons - need a side by side comparison I guess but compared to BBC News I thought they seemed relatively small, or maybe it's just that the teal and white is far less harsh than the red.

RE: Good Morning Britain - interestednovice - 04-09-2023

Yes, those are good points.

I suppose the marketing concern is that people effectively effectively “tune out” the TOTH intro sequence and therefore the visibility of the logo on the strap is important to remind people what they are watching. Especially when a large part of the audience have probably just woken up and are quite literally half asleep for the TOTH.