Pres Café
Good Morning Britain - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Good Morning Britain (/showthread.php?tid=60)

RE: Good Morning Britain - mixchris - 08-09-2023

I haven't watched GMB in a while, but looking at the various screenshots and videos posted here, I have to say that their new GFX are awful.

Why are they so big? Why is the 'strap' not on two lines? Why are they still using 'ITV Reem'? Some of the music used on the stings is so in your face for breakfast time too.

Do not fix what isn't broken. This set of GFX look like the work experience student has been asked to design something and literally just print screened Sky News and replaced all the elements of it with GMB. I feel like either the "egg" should return as a logo entirely OR the programme name disappear entirely.

The ITV logo in the TLHC is clearly an issue for the "LIVE" bug but why not do what ITV News do and move it to the bottom?

RE: Good Morning Britain - DavidWhitfield - 10-09-2023

Susanna ended up getting replaced at the eleventh hour on Wednesday and still isn't able to present due to illness. A resulting Ranvir and Ed pairing tomorrow, a duo I've not seen together before, though that doesn't necessarily mean it's never happened.

I don't much like people with a clear political affiliation presenting news programming. GB News and Talk TV seem to be the ringleaders in that field, of course. Putting these thoughts aside, having initially been utterly bemused by Ed Balls popping up as a presenter, I must say I've warmed to him somewhat and find him to be a decent enough interviewer from what I've seen of him.

RE: Good Morning Britain - JustJamie - 10-09-2023

(08-09-2023, 01:20 PM)mixchris Wrote:  I haven't watched GMB in a while, but looking at the various screenshots and videos posted here, I have to say that their new GFX are awful.

Why are they so big? Why is the 'strap' not on two lines? Why are they still using 'ITV Reem'? Some of the music used on the stings is so in your face for breakfast time too.

Do not fix what isn't broken. This set of GFX look like the work experience student has been asked to design something and literally just print screened Sky News and replaced all the elements of it with GMB. I feel like either the "egg" should return as a logo entirely OR the programme name disappear entirely.

The ITV logo in the TLHC is clearly an issue for the "LIVE" bug but why not do what ITV News do and move it to the bottom?

The only thing, for me, decent in the new graphics package are the "LIVE"/"BREAKING NEWS", etc. transition wipes and the TOTH... but like you say, it does need some substantial tweaking. It feels seriously rushed - and a hurried mash-up between Sky News and NBC News' Today Show new graphics.

The TOTH/on-screen straps needs the return of "BREAKING NEWS", "DEVELOPING STORY" tags; the on-screen DOG to be less transparent - maybe box it up, a little... and so on, etc.

If they wanted to refresh the graphics, they should have waited until it actually looked like it was ready to launch on live TV and professional-looking... and not like something a work experience student would create in about ten minutes and look like a whole heap of dog doo.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Brekkie - 10-09-2023

I'm with Clean Feeds assessment on these - clearer, cleaner and far less cluttered. Really don't thing they're that big either in comparison to other broadcasters either. They're just different and sadly nowadays people don't seem to appreciate different.

https://cleanfeed.thetvroom.com/19231/opinion/evolution-rather-than-revolution-becoming-the-norm-for-news-presentation/ 

RE: Good Morning Britain - DeMarkay - 12-09-2023

https://twitter.com/stuart_earl/status/1701467315580104968 

RE: Good Morning Britain - UTVLifer - 12-09-2023

That looks very nice, and I'm glad to see the back of that smaller sofa which always looked too small for everyone to fit on comfortably

RE: Good Morning Britain - PJamo - 12-09-2023

That looks really good, and suspiciously like the one from when they were in the previous studios? Same shape, legs, possibly colour as well (hard to tell with the lighting)?

Looks really good on a rostrum too, rather than just set on the floor the way the previous one was. Is that an extra screen behind it too?

RE: Good Morning Britain - ol1xie - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 09:21 AM)PJamo Wrote:  That looks really good, and suspiciously like the one from when they were in the previous studios? Same shape, legs, possibly colour as well (hard to tell with the lighting)?

Looks really good on a rostrum too, rather than just set on the floor the way the previous one was. Is that an extra screen behind it too?

I think it's the same type of sofa as the one from TLS but with the TVC fabric. Also pretty sure they've moved the door over and put the extra screen where it used to be.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Stuart - 12-09-2023

I can see why you'd want a sofa on a rostrum because it looks better and I believe it's easier for cameras to get eye-level shots without having to be very low down on their peds.  Those screens don't look very well calibrated for broadcast quality.

They haven't really used the sofa area very much at TVC, it's generally been for performances. I guess it's easy enough to whip out the sofa/table to This Morning's kitchen area and just have someone using the rostrum for a quick warble.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Brekkie - 12-09-2023

I doubt they have that many performances either - can't say I've ever seen a clip of one.