Pres Café
Good Morning Britain - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Good Morning Britain (/showthread.php?tid=60)

RE: Good Morning Britain - TODAY - 13-09-2023

I've held back commenting on the changes to let them settle in, but they just seem to be getting worse.

For starters, if they have to reduce the size of the clock and logo and move it to the right to accommodate the weather graphics, it is inconsistent and therefore isn't fit for purpose, never mind the legibility issues of white text with no background. The removal of the "blob" logo seems a little strange, much of the existing brand equity has been built around it and now we just have an increasingly generic on-screen look.

I also feel that if the majority of text in the white section of the strap has to be squashed to fit in, then clearly the text is too big and persistently looks very amateur.

I also noticed the incorrect colours being used in the ticker for Sport and Entertainment this morning. The new sofa area looks nice though 😅

RE: Good Morning Britain - Lester - 13-09-2023

I really don't like the new graphics.

I hate the way they have to condense the font or abbreviate words to make the information fit in the white box ("gov't")

Sky News does it better including the animation.

I don't understand why they have gone for a 7News style swipe .... seems misplaced and has been changed for changes sake.

RE: Good Morning Britain - all new phil - 14-09-2023

Watching for pretty much the first time this morning since the refresh. Don’t understand the dislike - it looks great to me.

RE: Good Morning Britain - brioalex - 14-09-2023

It's all very messy! I'd reduce the text size of the date so that the sides don't get cut off... Today is the 14th but catch the sequence at the wrong time and you'd be forgiven for thinking it's the 4th.

[Image: IMG-1571.jpg]

RE: Good Morning Britain - DavidWhitfield - 15-09-2023

Having ditched the 'full' GMB logo for the wordmark on screen since the programme returned in earnest on 4th September, it seems like they're slowly but surely phasing out the use of the teardrop logo generally.

Social media avatars no longer display the logo in full, instead opting for the wordmark on a light background, and, this morning, new mugs and laptop covers were seen for the first time, replacing the logo with the wordmark, as shown here:

[Image: GMBSep2023B.png]

RE: Good Morning Britain - agentsquash - 15-09-2023

What was wrong with the teardrop?

RE: Good Morning Britain - Lester - 17-09-2023

(15-09-2023, 07:46 PM)DavidWhitfield Wrote:  [Image: GMBSep2023B.png]

Anyone else get mildly annoyed that they don't bother to line up the view of St Paul's Cathedral in the middle anymore? Just me then!

RE: Good Morning Britain - Blubatt - 17-09-2023

(15-09-2023, 08:58 PM)agentsquash Wrote:  What was wrong with the teardrop?

Nothing, inherantly, it would seem. However, I didn't really like it because it was superfluous. Having a wordmark in a shape is not a logo at all. Either have a wordmark, or a proper logo.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Stockland Hillman - 17-09-2023

(17-09-2023, 08:53 PM)Blubatt Wrote:   Having a wordmark in a shape is not a logo at all. Either have a wordmark, or a proper logo.

Lol. Many multi billion pound companies and the Intellectual Property Office will beg to disagree

RE: Good Morning Britain - VMPhil - 18-09-2023

I'm getting real "interim revamp" vibes from this. The kind when a new producer comes in and wants to put their stamp on things right away, and the planning for a proper new look is in the early stages. TOTP went through this a few times.