Pres Café
Good Morning Britain - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Good Morning Britain (/showthread.php?tid=60)

RE: Good Morning Britain - Brekkie - 18-09-2023

(17-09-2023, 08:53 PM)Blubatt Wrote:  Nothing, inherantly, it would seem. However, I didn't really like it because it was superfluous. Having a wordmark in a shape is not a logo at all. Either have a wordmark, or a proper logo.
Just like having your username in a series of shapes isn't a signature?

Of course the teardrop was a logo - it was vaguely recogniseable as the shows logo without the wordmark.   Most logos, whether they sit next to or around the wordmark, are ultimately superfluous as if the word mark is there the company can be identified - but that's not generally their purpose.  It's something that can work when dropping the wordmark, and although GMB didn't use the teardrop in this manner they probably could have done so if desired.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Ben Shatliff - 18-09-2023

(18-09-2023, 09:21 AM)VMPhil Wrote:  I'm getting real "interim revamp" vibes from this. The kind when a new producer comes in and wants to put their stamp on things right away, and the planning for a proper new look is in the early stages. TOTP went through this a few times.

I like the recent tweaks but a full revamp would be good. Maybe January or April next year like I said before for the 10th Anniversary.

RE: Good Morning Britain - mrarg1393 - 18-09-2023

(18-09-2023, 05:52 PM)Ben Shatliff Wrote:  I like the recent tweaks but a full revamp would be good. Maybe January or April next year like I said before for the 10th Anniversary.

I have a feeling it might be early next year when there is a revamp. I’m guessing ITV News will be refreshed in the new year seen as they’ve had the same look since 2013 so they might coincide it with that possibly. We shall see though… I thought ITV News would rebrand this year when the channels had a refresh but nearly a year on and it hasn’t changed at all. Suppose it’s a case of if its not broke, why fix it.

RE: Good Morning Britain - UTVLifer - 18-09-2023

(18-09-2023, 09:21 PM)mrarg1393 Wrote:  I have a feeling it might be early next year when there is a revamp. I’m guessing ITV News will be refreshed in the new year seen as they’ve had the same look since 2013 so they might coincide it with that possibly. We shall see though… I thought ITV News would rebrand this year when the channels had a refresh but nearly a year on and it hasn’t changed at all. Suppose it’s a case of if its not broke, why fix it.

At this point I think if they don't do it soon (ie early next year), I don't think ITV News will rebrand until after the UK General and US Presidential elections due next year.

GMB on the other hand right now is kinda reminding me of Daybreak's yellow era in early 2012, with lots of things being gradually tinkered with and changed, with a big wholesale revamp coming down the tracks

RE: Good Morning Britain - all new phil - 18-09-2023

Doubt there’s any rebrand due for GMB but I think they’ll switch to the new font at some point, as their socials images have started using it.

RE: Good Morning Britain - RJLD24 - 25-09-2023

Has the ticker worked at all this morning? Saw the show at 6:30 and just now and it's just the 'contact us' static ticker. This new ticker seems incredibly buggy.

RE: Good Morning Britain - 030293 - 25-09-2023

I'm surprised that, almost a month in, there's been no attempt to rectify the date issue at the TOTH. It's too fast against the VO, with the ITV logo forming as the year is being announced.

It's all a bit of a mess. I didn't realise how much I read that 2nd line of headline text until it was gone.

RE: Good Morning Britain - RJLD24 - 27-09-2023

The ticker lasted 11 minutes before breaking again this morning. Returned just under 10 minutes later.

RE: Good Morning Britain - RJLD24 - 29-09-2023

This morning they've been showing the name strap covering the whole screen instead of next to the main headline.

RE: Good Morning Britain - DeMarkay - 29-09-2023

It looks a lot better in that format.