Pres Café
Good Morning Britain - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Good Morning Britain (/showthread.php?tid=60)

RE: Good Morning Britain - Brekkie - 18-10-2023

Layla Moran handled that well. It was clumsy but I think the outrage and secondary outrage especially (and I was guilty of that) misunderstood the intention of the question, and that the question could be misunderstood in the first place is where the problem often lies.

It was essentially spread online as him saying to a British MP with Palestinian family that she and her family must have known Hamas were planning a terrorist attack when really it was trying to get a sense of whether people on the ground felt something was brewing before it happened.

RE: Good Morning Britain - sigma421 - 18-10-2023

(12-10-2023, 05:09 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  That’s a valid point, I’d forgotten about his wife and I hadn’t realised GMB were using itv News branding. Which isn’t terribly observant of me but I guess I don’t watch it that often these days.
The partner bit is an interesting one. Obviously Ed Balls being a former frontline politician himself muddies it but BBC Scotland's Elizabeth Quigley was married to senior SNP politician John Swinney for years and I don't recall anyone making an issue out of it.

RE: Good Morning Britain - BN88 - 18-10-2023

(18-10-2023, 10:19 AM)sigma421 Wrote:  The partner bit is an interesting one. Obviously Ed Balls being a former frontline politician himself muddies it but BBC Scotland's Elizabeth Quigley was married to senior SNP politician John Swinney for years and I don't recall anyone making an issue out of it.

She was moved from the politics beat IIRC, same for Kirsten Campbell who was married to a Lib Dem politician at the time...

RE: Good Morning Britain - Ben Shatliff - 19-10-2023

Back in 2014 when Good Morning Britain was launched; for a limited time one of the Presenters used to do a pre recorded handover to each Region for the Regional News. I know the handover was pre recorded but were the bulletins themselves live or pre recorded?  

I know they normally have live Regional News but just wondered.

RE: Good Morning Britain - JMT1985 - 19-10-2023

(19-10-2023, 05:36 PM)Ben Shatliff Wrote:  Back in 2014 when Good Morning Britain was launched; for a limited time one of the Presenters used to do a pre recorded handover to each Region for the Regional News. I know the handover was pre recorded but were the bulletins themselves live or pre recorded?  

Remember some regions share a studio together - ITV Border and ITV Tyne Tees share one studio and the same presenters, so yes, depending on the day, one of those two regions would have a pre-recorded regional news during GMB.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Gary McEwan - 19-10-2023

(19-10-2023, 05:36 PM)Ben Shatliff Wrote:  Back in 2014 when Good Morning Britain was launched; for a limited time one of the Presenters used to do a pre recorded handover to each Region for the Regional News. I know the handover was pre recorded but were the bulletins themselves live or pre recorded?  

For us on STV, STV Central are live, STV North are pre-recorded as both of them are produced from Glasgow.

RE: Good Morning Britain - eyeTV - 20-10-2023

Louise Minchin being Lorraine today.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Andrew - 20-10-2023

This is an unexpected cover presenter

Seems strange seeing Louise Minchin doing a fashion segment

RE: Good Morning Britain - UTVLifer - 20-10-2023

I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up doing more than this one-off Lorraine show, given that Christine and Ranvir usually manage to cover all of Lorraine's time off between them

RE: Good Morning Britain - Brekkie - 20-10-2023

You'd think they'd be starting to think a bit about succession planning for the Lorraine slot. I did think ultimately Holly might move over to front it, and she could still return to take the slot a few years down the line - but there would still be potential to do what happened with Jeremy Kyle and basically readjust the schedule to remove the slot - extend GMB, move This Morning and Loose Women half an hour earlier then extend the Lunchtime News.