Pres Café
Good Morning Britain - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Good Morning Britain (/showthread.php?tid=60)

RE: Good Morning Britain - Alf Stewart - 20-10-2023

(20-10-2023, 09:26 AM)eyeTV Wrote:  Louise Minchin being Lorraine today.

And far more convincing as Lorraine than Lorraine is. They should recast her permanently  Tongue

RE: Good Morning Britain - UTVLifer - 20-10-2023

(20-10-2023, 03:09 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  You'd think they'd be starting to think a bit about succession planning for the Lorraine slot.  I did think ultimately Holly might move over to front it, and she could still return to take the slot a few years down the line - but there would still be potential to do what happened with Jeremy Kyle and basically readjust the schedule to remove the slot - extend GMB, move This Morning and Loose Women half an hour earlier then extend the Lunchtime News.

If she wanted it, I wouldn't be surprised if Christine inherits the show one day, which would allow ITV to keep the show largely the same just with a new name and lick of paint

RE: Good Morning Britain - Spencer - 20-10-2023

(20-10-2023, 03:09 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  You'd think they'd be starting to think a bit about succession planning for the Lorraine slot.  I did think ultimately Holly might move over to front it, and she could still return to take the slot a few years down the line - but there would still be potential to do what happened with Jeremy Kyle and basically readjust the schedule to remove the slot - extend GMB, move This Morning and Loose Women half an hour earlier then extend the Lunchtime News.
ITV Daytime don’t seem that great at succession planning, hence the hotch-potch situation we now have with both GMB and This Morning since the departures of Piers Morgan and Phil & Holly respectively.

I don’t see why they’d want to ditch the slot and that format though. It’s been around in one form or another since the days of After 9 with Jayne Irving on TV-am, and it’s not damaged like the Kyle show was.

From what I gather it performs better than GMB, so I’d have thought they’d look to bring in a new host rather than scrapping it. It must perform better during the summer with a stand-in than the time they tried GMB Today, so I don’t think another extension of GMB is the answer.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Superman1986 - 13-11-2023

It seems they’re pushing the regional news to 6:30 this morning, does that usually happen some mornings?

RE: Good Morning Britain - AaronTV - 15-12-2023

With Ben seemingly headed to This Morning, it’ll be interesting to see if they finally commit to a permanent lineup or extend the merry go round of presenters to the end of the week as well!

I would say personally they’d be best off having Richard Madeley with Susanna Mon-Weds and Ed Balls covering over the holidays, but frankly I’m not really sure who can fill the Ben role of being able to do the lighter stuff at the end of the week whilst also being serious when required.

Ben does rack up the hours for them so I think they’ll end up short cover wise in the short term. They also haven’t really tried anybody new recently, so there aren’t any obvious candidates that would naturally fit the role from what I’ve seen.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Brekkie - 15-12-2023

It is baffling they'll try and solve a problem with one show by damaging another but hopefully they'll look to get someone in permanently alongside Susannah four days a week, but that probably needs to be outside the current crop of guest hosts - surely Dan Walker is bored of 5News by now.

Must say though they've done pretty well to keep most of their on-screen talent from launch around for the best part of a decade, even though if other than Susanna their roles changed slightly over the years.

RE: Good Morning Britain - freeview87 - 15-12-2023

It's not like Ben is full time on GMB and he doesn't need to leave either.

He can easily do Mon to Wed on TM and a Thur or Fri at GMB.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Pips2022 - 15-12-2023

(15-12-2023, 11:32 AM)freeview87 Wrote:  It's not like Ben is full time on GMB and he doesn't need to leave either.

That is an exhausting workload for anyone. If he went to This Morning, he would probably quit GMB, but they’d stress he’d now be an even bigger part of the ITV daytime family.

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Kate G occasionally stand-in on TM in the future alongside him, so they can be reunited. They may not be everyone’s favourites, but their chemistry is genuine and they are presumably the longest-running duo in the history of ITV daytime/breakfast TV (if we exclude when Richard and Judy came back for a few shows a few years ago)

RE: Good Morning Britain - Gary Baldy - 15-12-2023

(15-12-2023, 10:49 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  It is baffling they'll try and solve a problem with one show by damaging another but hopefully they'll look to get someone in permanently alongside Susannah four days a week, but that probably needs to be outside the current crop of guest hosts - surely Dan Walker is bored of 5News by now.

Must say though they've done pretty well to keep most of their on-screen talent from launch around for the best part of a decade, even though if other than Susanna their roles changed slightly over the years.

Did you ever notice that when Piers threw his strop, he said something to Alex along the lines of “I’m not being insulted on my own show”?

Even though the show has never been called “Piers Morgan’s Good Morning Britain”, it’s just been called GMB, and Piers wasn’t an original anyway (he joined over a year into it). It’s equally as much Alex’s own show as Piers’s.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Alf Stewart - 15-12-2023

(15-12-2023, 11:32 AM)freeview87 Wrote:  It's not like Ben is full time on GMB and he doesn't need to leave either.

Yes because there's no prep required for either programme, the presenters turn up 5 minutes before the programme starts and go home again straight away and Ben doesn't have any other commitments. It's not really as simple as that.