Pres Café
Good Morning Britain - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Good Morning Britain (/showthread.php?tid=60)

RE: Good Morning Britain - freeview87 - 15-12-2023

(15-12-2023, 04:31 PM)Alf Stewart Wrote:  Yes because there's no prep required for either programme, the presenters turn up 5 minutes before the programme starts and go home again straight away and Ben doesn't have any other commitments. It's not really as simple as that.

?? I haven't said that it requires the time. I've said he can easily do both. Many presenters do two jobs and Lorraine Kelly previously worked on her show as well as This Morning.

RE: Good Morning Britain - cando - 16-12-2023

(15-12-2023, 03:43 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  Even though the show has never been called “Piers Morgan’s Good Morning Britain”, it’s just been called GMB, and Piers wasn’t an original anyway (he joined over a year into it). It’s equally as much Alex’s own show as Piers’s.

It really isn't. It only gained relevancy as a show under Piers. The content became more newsy. Love him or hate him he put the show on the map. Even the ad campaigns were based on him.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Brekkie - 16-12-2023

Don't think him leaving hit the ratings at all though.

RE: Good Morning Britain - freeview87 - 16-12-2023

Maybe not but he gave them the coverage and out the show on the map after 5 years there.

You could argue his was of doing things is what spawned GBN and Talk TV. Those channels are literally what he did for 30 +mins every morning and beyond.

RE: Good Morning Britain - AaronTV - 18-12-2023

Kate’s husband Derek is very sadly in a bad way at the moment after a heart attack, so Charlotte has been covering for Kate and now Susanna this week.

I believe Ranvir is currently covering for Lorraine at the moment too, so they appear to be a little short of presenters - I imagine Ranvir could do both potentially if needed, however.

RE: Good Morning Britain - UTVLifer - 18-12-2023

(18-12-2023, 01:54 PM)AaronTV Wrote:  Kate’s husband Derek is very sadly in a bad way at the moment after a heart attack, so Charlotte has been covering for Kate and now Susanna this week.

I believe Ranvir is currently covering for Lorraine at the moment too, so they appear to be a little short of presenters - I imagine Ranvir could do both potentially if needed, however.

Indeed, Ranvir is on Lorraine duty this week, which is now generally split between her and Christine during the school holidays.

I don't think I've seen any official confirmation yet but presumably next Monday's pre-recorded Xmas GMB will be a triple-header once again

RE: Good Morning Britain - Cashton06 - 19-12-2023

I would like to see Ranvir present the main show with Susanna again tbh because i feel like she is a bit more better suited to GMB than Lorraine

RE: Good Morning Britain - Pips2022 - 19-12-2023

Does anyone know when the GMB Xmas Day special was pre-recorded and does it feature Kate G?

RE: Good Morning Britain - GMc - 19-12-2023

I'm sure I read somewhere that it was just Ben & Kate on the Christmas Day special this year.

RE: Good Morning Britain - RDJ - 21-12-2023

Louise Minchin in presenting Lorraine today and tomorrow.

I wonder if we may see her progress on to GMB as a stand in for Susanna at times if she desires to do so.

On the topic of the Christmas Day special, I gather they were recorded this week. So it’s unlikely Kate will be at the helm.